Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-18-2018, 10:14 AM
Imshi Cycles

Quote:
Originally Posted by loxx0050 View Post
That shouldn't make a difference. I've got a non-hidden bolt Quarq Elsa spider and swapped out cranks arms with a Force 1X crank I picked up on ebay that was hidden bolt (for the spider). Fit perfectly fine and everything was flush.

But yeah, that was an interesting tibit that a Rival spider is slightly different. You'd think they'd keep them the same to save on production and tooling costs.
quarq spiders are different, as they do not have any molding (to the shape of the arm) to them, just flat across the face, so they can mate up with any SRAM crank with that style of interface without issue.
Old 01-18-2018, 10:21 AM
SageOfMilwaukee

Correct on the Quarq statement. I've used a quarq with both hidden and non hidden bolts and they work the same. Here is a picture showing how open the interface is on the quarq for the 3 bolt torx pattern.

Last edited by kppolich; 01-18-2018 at 10:26 AM.
Old 01-18-2018, 01:07 PM

I didn't even pay attention to that when I swapped my spiders and good to know. But, when I put that 1X spider on my old Quarq branded carbon arms and they fit just fine though as the shape matched up. Not sure but I think my Quarq arms were of the S900 series variety before the Force 22 arms came out. They were the longer spindle ones.

Old 01-18-2018, 01:08 PM

Sorry for the gigantic pics. I linked them directly from my imgur account and thought that this site would reduce the total pixel size like others tend to do.
Old 01-18-2018, 01:19 PM
SageOfMilwaukee

To my knowledge only the BB30 is the long spindle. Any SRAM GXP Crankset has a normal length spindle and fits any standard SRAM GXP BB. My guess is SRAM Force 22, CX1, RED, and S900 spiders are the same due to the carbon crank arm being a bit wider. Leaving the Rival spider to be a little more narrow to fit with the alloy crank arm.

Last edited by kppolich; 09-07-2024 at 08:59 AM.

Tags
sram spider