Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old Yesterday, 11:11 PM
Boeuf Chaîne

Quote:
Originally Posted by rice rocket View Post
The cycling world tends to kowtow to the retrogrouches moreso than any other sport, so it'll probably take a few more decades for it to be "accepted".
And yet, I can't remember the last time I walked into an LBS and saw any DT shifters. I guess that means I'm a extra retro retrogrouch.
Old Yesterday, 11:19 PM

If that gets you riled up, wait till you hear about this thing called disc brakes.

Here's a fun fact, first motorcycle disc brakes were on an MV Agusta 600 in the mid 1960s. The brakes were made by none other than Campagnolo!

Last edited by rice rocket; Yesterday at 11:26 PM.
Old Today, 07:42 AM

I've honestly been hoping for this for a number of years. How awesome to tweak tire pressures on the fly? More useful to me than disc brakes or electronic shifting, honestly. Will I ever buy it? Probably not.
Old Today, 08:23 AM

It does sound like it's too slow. For non race cases you're going to want to just stop and let the air out or something.

Sounds like it is very clever to avoid needing a lot of power though, and maybe reclaims the air when you deflate and then uses that same air for inflation.
Old Today, 09:01 AM

Vos outsprinted Kopecky as if she wasn't there , after pumping up after a flat while riding= not so marginable gains.
Visma riders used it at PR too. Not WvA.
Old Today, 09:18 AM

I finally watched it and I somehow think maybe we (and/or the press?) are making too big of a deal of this device's effect on the outcome?

It barely looked like a gravel race at all, maybe more like your classics that have some rough roads, even though there weren't any cobbles shown in the video I watched. (highlights)

And then the finish.. this completely came down to a sprinter's game where the two of them slowed down and played a bunch of head games and trickery with each other. It looked like Vos just simultaneously outsmarted her and had hundreds of watts more in the tank to give.

Maybe if this device really contributed anything it was energy saved over the course of the race... not some huge watt saving gain that made a giant difference right at the end.
Old Today, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benb View Post
I
Maybe if this device really contributed anything it was energy saved over the course of the race... not some huge watt saving gain that made a giant difference right at the end.
Did you ever tried sprinting on 2 bar vs 4 bar pressure in the tires?