Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old Today, 10:07 AM

Canyon is offering width adjustment but not reach. One piece handlebars really need BOTH to be viable in my opinion.
Old Today, 10:41 AM

A stem or especially a bar/stem with no height adjustment is just silly imo.

A quill-style height adjustment could be incorporated into a carbon fork steerer if the effort was made to do so, moving the "telescoping" adjustment range internal instead of poking out above the stem, begging to be cut off (I'm thinking here of the design effort Specialized put into incorporating their Future Shock setup).

Obviously, with bar/stems being costly to replace just to accommodate a rider's changing fit preference or experimentation with same, bar/stems offering no inexpensive/convenient provision for height adjustment are not going to help the rider achieve their full potential for performance or ride enjoyment.

Last edited by dddd; Today at 10:44 AM.
Old Today, 11:13 AM
Back At It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddd View Post
A stem or especially a bar/stem with no height adjustment is just silly imo.

A quill-style height adjustment could be incorporated into a carbon fork steerer if the effort was made to do so, moving the "telescoping" adjustment range internal instead of poking out above the stem, begging to be cut off (I'm thinking here of the design effort Specialized put into incorporating their Future Shock setup).

Obviously, with bar/stems being costly to replace just to accommodate a rider's changing fit preference or experimentation with same, bar/stems offering no inexpensive/convenient provision for height adjustment are not going to help the rider achieve their full potential for performance or ride enjoyment.
I seem to recall something I saw on Youtube recently about a manufacturer making a stem that could be moved up or down a bit without making a chimney if moved down on the steerer.. maybe on 'The Ride" with Ben Delaney? seems like there was a cm or so inside the height of the stem that could be adjusted if I recall correctly..
Old Today, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrakeRamoray View Post
DO.ES A.NY.ONE KN.OW W.H.Y T.HEY NA.ME T.HE.IR MOD.E.LS L.IKE TH.I.S?
The Conce.pt above is probably becasue it's made in Portugal. He talked about moving manufacturing to Portugal on a recent podcast.

As for all the other models... maybe search engine optimization? U.P.(P.E.R.) will come up easily if typed al crazy like that. However, I typed open upper bike in google and it still came up quickly.

So, I have no idea. Maybe they just want it to look like an Aphex Twin song title?