Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-06-2024, 03:28 PM

I just got the Redshift Cruise Control grips and am wondering if the drop bar grips are compatible with the Shimano Di2 junction box for internal handlebar installation. My handlebars are slightly wider to accommodate the junction box—has anyone tried this setup or know if it works?
Old 09-13-2024, 08:00 PM

Just installed the Redshift grips, and they feel like a game changer. The design spreads the load over my entire palm for comfort, though it’s a departure from classic aesthetics. If it keeps my hands happy, I’m all in. Can’t wait to test them on the road!
Old 09-13-2024, 09:49 PM

taping and...

You can actually cover up the front end of the bottom grips by starting your bar tape one wrap over the grip = a little cleaner look. Being in the drops with hands around the bottom grips provides a whole new, different, and better? feeling of control while steering.
Old 09-14-2024, 11:15 AM

Just rode with the Redshift grips—bottoms are great on the palms, but the tops are useless to me, so I’ll be removing them. The combo of bar flexibility and wide grip surface should make off-pavement riding a whole new experience. I wish they came in multiple sizes for a longer grip to slide up and brake in the drops. I’ll realign the drops, add some self-adhering tape, and redo the bar tape for a cleaner finish.
Old 09-24-2024, 11:47 AM

Been using the Redshift drop bar grips, and while they’re good, there’s room for improvement. I’d love a trim-to-size option or more palm surface, plus something that fits the natural hand curve better.

One tip: add a second layer of tape where the grips end to even out the surface. I used self-fusing tape at the narrow end, then regular bar tape—but I wish I’d started closer to the articulated part of the grip for a smoother transition.
Old 09-24-2024, 04:07 PM

scratch and dent sale

https://redshiftsports.com/products/...drop-bar-grips