Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-19-2024, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadmt View Post
are you running them with tubes? thanks
Latex tubes, yes.
Old 05-19-2024, 11:38 AM

I likewise have been happy with Corsa Controls (g2); haven't tried the Pro versions yet. An alternative I'd like to try and have read good things about is the Pirelli P Zero Race 4S tires (4S as in four season).

Decent price here, but quite expensive anywhere here in the US

https://www.tradeinn.com/bikeinn/en/...re/138898363/p
Old 05-19-2024, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourflys View Post
haven't tried the "Pro" version yet, but just put a set of these on my Anderson in the 30mm size (just regular tubes currently) and couldn't be happier.. been riding them in 28s on my Couer D'Acier as well (with latex tubes and they are sublime).. and can't beat the price..

https://bikecloset.com/product/vitto...clincher-700c/
Have you had any issues with your 28s? I bought a set of these from Bike Closet and the tread started splitting and separating from the casing within a few hundred miles max. I did some quick research and it seems to be a fairly common issue. Keep an eye on them.
Old 05-19-2024, 12:00 PM

Recently tried the S Works Turbo T2/T5 (tube version) in 30, using some Silca latex tubes. Very smooth and fast so far, not the lightest, but I think they will be great on the Kirk this year. I'll see how they hold up.
Old 05-19-2024, 12:16 PM

I prefer non tubeless compatible clinchers and rarely flat with tubes. I think they ride nicer and are easier to get on the rims.
People assume you need road tubeless nowadays, but I've found modern tire casings much better along with 28mm+ and lower pressures to negate the old days of 23mm tires and 110psi.

Currently I am running panaracer agilests (standard version) on a road bike and paselas on a commuter.
Old 05-19-2024, 12:27 PM
#RYFB

No experience with the larger sizes you specifically asked about, OP, but I've been very happy with Veloflex Corsa 28s so imagine that I'd feel the same about the 30/32s.
Old 05-19-2024, 01:48 PM

I have been using Corsa Control clinchers in 30c with Cyclami tpu tubes for a few weeks. Used them on a 300k brevet yesterday with quite a bit of rough pavement. I think they are really excellent and ride wonderfully.

David
Old 05-19-2024, 02:10 PM

Corsa and Corsa controls here. I like the ride of the Corsa wit latex tubes. Best combo I’ve used but the added protection of the control is nice too.
Lots of miles on the 30mm… all good
Old 05-19-2024, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth View Post
Rene Herse 32 goes great with tubes.
That's what I have on my Monti Special. I like them a bunch, though I have a pair of 35s I'm waiting to try...
Old 05-19-2024, 05:02 PM
Back At It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrslug View Post
Have you had any issues with your 28s? I bought a set of these from Bike Closet and the tread started splitting and separating from the casing within a few hundred miles max. I did some quick research and it seems to be a fairly common issue. Keep an eye on them.
I certainly have several hundred miles on the 28s with no issues.. maybe just a bad batch? No issues with the 30s so far either..
Old 05-19-2024, 06:48 PM

schwalbe pro 1, 28-32, all day, everyday
Old 05-19-2024, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrslug View Post
Thats the "old" tire, FWIW. I have had similar issues of the casing separating and so far, Vittoria has been replacing the tires for me. No issues so far on the "new" tire. The rep said that some changes were made to them, but didnt really go much further than that.
Old 05-19-2024, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryun View Post
Corsa and Corsa controls here. I like the ride of the Corsa wit latex tubes. Best combo I’ve used but the added protection of the control is nice too.
Lots of miles on the 30mm… all good
I'll second this. Vittoria Corsas are tops if you can find them, since the new Corsa Pro are tubeless only I think. Otherwise the Veloflex are great too. I've found latex tubes is really the way to go if tubed.
Old 05-19-2024, 09:36 PM
Sunshine

Gp5k in tube clincher version.
Can consistently be found somewhere for about $50 in the 32mm size, rolls fast, and all my gp5k tires have had very few flats.
Old 05-19-2024, 09:38 PM

I really enjoy the Corsa N.exts - quite light at 220-ish grams, roll great with latex tubes and can be found for 50% off (or more at pros closet) if you are patient.

I've had mine for about 1000 miles with some occasional gravel mixed in (Sibly, and even Mt Diablo/shell Ridge for those familiar) and they show very little wear. Grip is good in the dry, but so far no use in the rain so I can't comment on that.