Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-23-2021, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybee View Post
https://twitter.com/NateDuncanNBA/st...51694003531776

You're right - not a loophole, just a little-known rule. It is a perfect play. Bridges fading to the corner means Beverly can't step into the lane. Cam Johnson off a curl occupies PG. Batum (who kinda pushed Booker into Zubac on the screen - no call is correct here, IMO) can't switch to cover the roll man because Book is too dangerous on catch-and-shoot. Let's also give Booker credit for getting trucked by Zu and taking it. Zu has excellent recovery and almost gets his hand on it, except that pass is perfect. Crowder's pass - 2 inches to his left and he hits the backboard. 2 inches to the right and Zu tips it away. 2 inches lower and it hits the rim. 2 inches higher and Ayton doesn't get a clean catch. Amazing.
This is the type of stuff that makes this thread worth being in.. thanks for laying it all out so clearly!
Old 06-23-2021, 10:52 PM
Boeuf Chaîne

So how many people had the Hawks making it this far... ???
Old 06-23-2021, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis View Post
3 wins from the Finals? They were sub-.500 at the All Star break. And they are missing two rotation guys. This is nothing short of amazing.
Old 06-23-2021, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis View Post
I'm one of 5 Hawks fans on the planet and even I didn't expect this.

Quote:
3 wins from the Finals? They were sub-.500 at the All Star break. And they are missing two rotation guys. This is nothing short of amazing.
And Nate McMillan, to this point in his NBA coaching career, is the definition of replacement level quality coach. Yet suddenly he's turned into Red Auerbach and here we are...

Oh and Bogdan is playing on one leg.
Old 06-24-2021, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashUNC View Post
I'm one of 5 Hawks fans on the planet and even I didn't expect this.

And Nate McMillan, to this point in his NBA coaching career, is the definition of replacement level quality coach. Yet suddenly he's turned into Red Auerbach and here we are...

Oh and Bogdan is playing on one leg.
You should find this heartwarming. If not illuminating. https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...rs-lose-game-7
Old 06-24-2021, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean39T View Post
This is the type of stuff that makes this thread worth being in.. thanks for laying it all out so clearly!
I'm still waiting for the blog.
Old 06-24-2021, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXtwindad View Post
I'm still waiting for the blog.

Life has been……complicated.

Domain is registered though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-24-2021, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by username View Post
Yes, I know the Bucks won the last series. And yes, I know it would have raised eyebrows if they had fired Bud and hired Carlisle. But that's exactly what they should have done. Tell me I'm wrong. You literally can't.
What's more disrespectful:

1) The Trae Shimmy

2) Giving Jeff Teague minutes in an ECF game and thinking that he can guard Trae Young.

(The Trae Shimmy is perhaps the most disrespectful on court play in the last decade, narrowly edging the very similar Harden staredown of Wes Johnson on the floor because this is the conference finals. LeBron jumping over Jason Terry to finish an oop is now over a decade old.)
Old 06-24-2021, 12:59 PM

Quote:
What's more disrespectful:

1) The Trae Shimmy

2) Giving Jeff Teague minutes in an ECF game and thinking that he can guard Trae Young.

(The Trae Shimmy is perhaps the most disrespectful on court play in the last decade, narrowly edging the very similar Harden staredown of Wes Johnson on the floor because this is the conference finals. LeBron jumping over Jason Terry to finish an oop is now over a decade old.)
Bobby Portis should have left the floor in disgrace and never returned to playing basketball.

It's still a couple levels below Iverson's step over Lue in the Finals.

The Knicks series showed Trae has got the full heel vibe in him. The shimmy took it to another level. I'm a full Trae-stan at this point.
Old 06-24-2021, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Bobby Portis should have left the floor in disgrace and never returned to playing basketball.

It's still a couple levels below Iverson's step over Lue in the Finals.

The Knicks series showed Trae has got the full heel vibe in him. The shimmy took it to another level. I'm a full Trae-stan at this point.

I'm so happy for you and the other 7 Hawks fans. Really enjoy this one.

I think it's interesting that the narrative has been look how good Trae is now when he's been killing it from day 1 of his rookie year. It's time for something beyond LeBron-KD-Steph and the LA/NY squads.
Old 06-24-2021, 03:43 PM

Quote:
I'm so happy for you and the other 7 Hawks fans. Really enjoy this one.

I think it's interesting that the narrative has been look how good Trae is now when he's been killing it from day 1 of his rookie year. It's time for something beyond LeBron-KD-Steph and the LA/NY squads.
Eh, Trae's gotten better and that rookie year was wildly uneven. He came in doing too much of the Steph Curry stuff from 30 feet, and way less time working that mid-range/paint floater and drawing lots of fouls and contact. So he's really re-oriented his game the last 24 months where that Dame/Steph range is a threat and a weapon, but not the primary focus of his game. Helps he's got some actual shooters around him now though to distribute once he actually does get into the paint.

Still easily the best Hawks player I've seen in my lifetime.
Old 06-25-2021, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Eh, Trae's gotten better and that rookie year was wildly uneven. He came in doing too much of the Steph Curry stuff from 30 feet, and way less time working that mid-range/paint floater and drawing lots of fouls and contact. So he's really re-oriented his game the last 24 months where that Dame/Steph range is a threat and a weapon, but not the primary focus of his game. Helps he's got some actual shooters around him now though to distribute once he actually does get into the paint.

Still easily the best Hawks player I've seen in my lifetime.
Probably so with maybe an argument for 'nique. I grew up in the south when Atlanta had the only pro sports teams and TBS was the only source for watching pro sports during the week. Those Hawks teams with Dominique, Spud Webb, Tree Rollins and (yes) Doc Rivers weren't all that competitive but were fun to watch for a kid.
Old 06-25-2021, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaghetti Legs View Post
Probably so with maybe an argument for 'nique. I grew up in the south when Atlanta had the only pro sports teams and TBS was the only source for watching pro sports during the week. Those Hawks teams with Dominique, Spud Webb, Tree Rollins and (yes) Doc Rivers weren't all that competitive but were fun to watch for a kid.
It's him and Nique, but Nique never got to the conference finals -- always with the Celtics buzzsaw -- and never quite made his teammates better the way Trae does. Different era, different game and all that, but this is beyond even what Nique did for the franchise, and in just a couple years.
Old 06-25-2021, 01:53 PM

In related soap opera news, the stories coming out that the Sixers are committing for now to Simmons for next year and have a plan for his rehab indicate his trade value is pretty much shot right?

Zach Lowe's recent podcast he and Bobby Marks, a former NBA front office exec, talked about if Simmons were a free agent this summer, who would offer him the 4 years and $140 mln still left on his deal? Anyone?

Embiid may murder him on the floor by Christmas if they play together again.
Old 06-25-2021, 01:58 PM

Quote:
In related soap opera news, the stories coming out that the Sixers are committing for now to Simmons for next year and have a plan for his rehab indicate his trade value is pretty much shot right?

Zach Lowe's recent podcast he and Bobby Marks, a former NBA front office exec, talked about if Simmons were a free agent this summer, who would offer him the 4 years and $140 mln still left on his deal? Anyone?

Embiid may murder him on the floor by Christmas if they play together again.
I think we need to get through the draft to have a better idea of what he’s really worth. Teams will look at film, remember that he’s an All Star and his value will rise accordingly. Or some teams might have that Doc Rivers mentality, i.e. if you ever beat me before, you must be amazing.

His relationship with the Sixers seems pretty much shot though.