Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-01-2019, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXtwindad View Post
Who's your first favorite player? Fond memories of Zaza as well. Back in '05, I had a buddy who was really into video games. I never was. He used Pachulia (I'd never heard of him) to destroy the Spurs team that I was running. (With my favorite player...Tim Duncan)

Only time Pachulia racked up 40 and 15...
Rasheed Wallace, obviously.
Old 02-01-2019, 01:24 PM

Of course
Old 02-01-2019, 01:48 PM

Thoughts on the Knicks/Mavs trade?

I'm a little less sour on it than I was last night for the Knicks, but they are pretty all-in on drawing 2 move-the-needle free agents this summer. Gonna be hilarious when that's Tobias Harris and Goran Dragic instead of KD and Kyrie.

I think the Mavs did well to move a slightly awkward basketball/personal situation and establish themselves as the destination for international players.
Not sure what their next move is to vault into the Rockets/Thunder/Nuggets tier, but I appreciate their willingness to go for it.

And where is AD going? I just don't see the Lakers having the juice to get it done.

Any other wild predictions before the trade deadline? Brad Beal maybe?

Last edited by Jaybee; 02-01-2019 at 01:50 PM.
Old 02-01-2019, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybee View Post

I'm a little less sour on it than I was last night for the Knicks, but they are pretty all-in on drawing 2 move-the-needle free agents this summer. Gonna be hilarious when that's Tobias Harris and Goran Dragic instead of KD and Kyrie.

I think the Mavs did well to move a slightly awkward basketball/personal situation and establish themselves as the destination for international players.
Not sure what their next move is to vault into the Rockets/Thunder/Nuggets tier, but I appreciate their willingness to go for it.

And where is AD going? I just don't see the Lakers having the juice to get it done.

If you can overlook the Dolan years have been an utter travesty, (Eddy Curry anyone?) than I think the Knicks came out OK. By your definition of a "5" who can rebound and defend, Jordan is one of the best in the NBA. If not the best. Still wonder he's tradebait...
Old 02-01-2019, 02:12 PM
I need you cool.

Quote:
I am, nominally, a Thunder fan....
"eff" the Thunder, "eff" Clay Bennett and "eff" Howard Schultz....

regards,

Seattle SuperSonics fan.....

Old 02-01-2019, 02:18 PM

Quote:

The Knicks are idiots and continue to be idiots. Was Krapsnaps still somewhat unrealized potential, yes, but he's the best player they've drafted in the last 30 years. And their move was a salary dump move to try to course correct for what were their own historically bad free agent signings not a couple years ago.

Hope that Kevin Durant and Kyrie want to come play there is not a plan. It's a Magic 8 Ball with some wish fulfillment on the side. And you've taken the guy who you previously defined as the foundational player to build around, and traded him for the guy you passed over in a previous draft, and a guy who while he has this reputation as a defender and rebounder, made the Mavs demonstrably worse on both ends of the floor this year when he was playing.

https://stats.nba.com/team/161061274...court-summary/

It's LolKnicks all over again. To your point, it'll be Goran Dragic and Tobias Harris instead of Durant and Kyrie.
Old 02-01-2019, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozz View Post
"eff" the Thunder, "eff" Clay Bennett and "eff" Howard Schultz....

regards,

Seattle SuperSonics fan.....

It's been 10+ years. Maybe find someone to talk to?
Old 02-01-2019, 02:53 PM
I need you cool.

Quote:
It's been 10+ years. Maybe find someone to talk to?
too soon man, too soon....

FWIW - mostly "eff" Howard.....
Old 02-01-2019, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozz View Post
too soon man, too soon....

FWIW - mostly "eff" Howard.....
I lived in OKC long enough to find out that Clay and the rest of his billionaire oil buddies are jackasses. Eff him too.

I think what happened to Seattle sucked. I don't think the Thunder and the fans of OKC deserve any blame for it, but the Schultz/Bennett/Stern business was all kinds of wrong.
Old 02-01-2019, 04:57 PM
I need you cool.

Quote:
I lived in OKC long enough to find out that Clay and the rest of his billionaire oil buddies are jackasses. Eff him too.

I think what happened to Seattle sucked. I don't think the Thunder and the fans of OKC deserve any blame for it, but the Schultz/Bennett/Stern business was all kinds of wrong.
+1000

OK - you talked me off the ledge....OKC and team are good in my book.

Old 02-01-2019, 05:34 PM
needs adult supervision

As good as Kyrie is, and he’s very, very good, the C’s should trade him now. Think Knicks would trade their first round pick? Zion would look good in green.
Old 02-01-2019, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climb01742 View Post
As good as Kyrie is, and he’s very, very good, the C’s should trade him now. Think Knicks would trade their first round pick? Zion would look good in green.
Man, this is a tough sell.

I get that we are in "the Dubs and everybody else" era, but the C's have a real chance to get out of the East this year (don't tell XXtwindad that I said that). That's a Steph high ankle sprain and Gordon Hayward gets hot away from another title. I whine as much as anyone about the Dubs taking all the drama away, but there is real value in being a good team that is ready when the opportunity arises.

Also, this is the Knicks, and David Stern isn't freezing envelopes anymore. hey are going to end up with the 3rd pick or something.
Old 02-01-2019, 06:27 PM

Quote:

I get that we are in "the Dubs and everybody else" era, but the C's have a real chance to get out of the East this year (don't tell XXtwindad that I said that). That's a Steph high ankle sprain and Gordon Hayward gets hot away from another title. I whine as much as anyone about the Dubs taking all the drama away, but there is real value in being a good team that is ready when the opportunity arises.

Also, this is the Knicks, and David Stern isn't freezing envelopes anymore. hey are going to end up with the 3rd pick or something.
Ha! Read that
Old 02-01-2019, 06:41 PM

Quote:

They gotta get past the Raptors first. Playoff Kawhi is no joke.
Old 02-01-2019, 07:03 PM
needs adult supervision

Quote:

Don’t get me wrong. I’d love Kyrie to stay...if he’s committed here long term. But if it’s proving too much work for him, or the young guys are being, well, young guys, and he’s thinking of bouncing somewhere, well then we should get something for him before he leaves. It’s frustrating. The C’s are everything he said he wanted. But it’s proving to be work for him to be a leader. Maybe he wants to be a star without being a leader. Fine. He has every right to walk. And Danny has every right to trade him first. We got pretty far last year without him. Rather have him but not if he’s gonna bounce July 1.