Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-24-2016, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len J View Post
And I'm always surprised at how big a drop off in performance Brady has when he is getting hit. Of all the all time greats, he may have the biggest drop off when getting hit of anyone I've seen.
He wasn't getting hit, he was getting mauled.
Old 01-24-2016, 08:51 PM
Boeuf Chaîne

Quote:
I'd take Denver + 10. If Carolina makes it, it will be a low scoring game.
The Arizona defense was also good - until today. Carolina's made them look like chumps.
Old 01-24-2016, 09:06 PM
Windrider

OT - Patriots, again- say it aint so Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis View Post
The Arizona defense was also good - until today. Carolina's made them look like chumps.
Opening line is Carolina -3.5

"One of the largest obstacles to seeing truth......is wanting something too much."
Old 01-24-2016, 09:07 PM
Windrider

OT - Patriots, again- say it aint so Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovelhd View Post
He has always had a large performance drop off when getting hit.... It just doesn't happen often. (See 2 SB's vs Giants)

"One of the largest obstacles to seeing truth......is wanting something too much."
Old 01-24-2016, 09:10 PM
Randomhead

I'm sure denver is going over the Atlanta game with a fine toothed comb. After what Carolina did to the Cardinals, I'm not sure I'd really want to be playing them. Yeah, Palmer had an off day, but wow.
Old 01-24-2016, 09:10 PM
Boeuf Chaîne

Quote:
Opening line is Carolina -3.5
Hmm, that's a lot closer than I would have expected.

I don't really care one way or the other, as long as it's a good game.
Old 01-25-2016, 04:35 AM
Peter Pan Oath adherent

If I were a betting man......

BK

Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter.
Old 01-25-2016, 06:09 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovelhd View Post
Belichick looks better in a baggy sweatshirt..how tall is he?
Old 01-25-2016, 06:52 AM
Randomhead

Belichek really blew the calls to go for it on 4th -- twice. Always take the points. Not the first time he screwed up this year

I was a little annoyed that Bruce Ariens made it on the 2 point try. I still can't figure out the math on that one. I had him as a student teacher when I was in high school. I didn't like him much back then. Felt sorry for him yesterday though.
Old 01-25-2016, 08:13 AM
Mr Dobalina

Just to be clear and to state my absolute objectivity regarding all things Broncos.

My seven year old this am:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 12525592_10208171636638865_4208474005388814950_o.jpg (66.6 KB, 62 views)
Old 01-25-2016, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firerescuefin View Post
Just to be clear and to state my absolute objectivity regarding all things Broncos.

My seven year old this am:
Denver fan for 45 years. Defense wins games. Thought both defenses played great. Nobody is truly great when a huge dude is bearing down on you all day( four time sb champs named Brady). Even if your name is Cam Newton.
Old 01-25-2016, 08:33 AM
Mr Dobalina

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulspinner View Post
Denver fan for 45 years. Defense wins games. Thought both defenses played great. Nobody is truly great when a huge dude is bearing down on you all day( four time sb champs named Brady). Even if your name is Cam Newton.
I can't stand the Patriots. That being said, Patriots were in that game because of Brady, not despite him. The criticism I am hearing regarding him is Ignorant. The toughness he displayed throughout the game....clearly battling and the 4th down throw to Gronk followed up by the touchdown pass to him (waiting for him to come open) tells you all you need to know about him. All.Time.Great .....have no issue when people call him the greatest.

Uphill slog for the Broncos for sure (against the Panthers)...but I like them in the underdog role.
Old 01-25-2016, 08:44 AM

Quote:
I can't stand the Patriots. That being said, Patriots were in that game because of Brady, not despite him. The criticism I am hearing regarding him is Ignorant. The toughness he displayed throughout the game....clearly battling and the 4th down throw to Gronk followed up by the touchdown pass to him (waiting for him to come open) tells you all you need to know about him. All.Time.Great .....have no issue when people call him the greatest.

Uphill slog for the Broncos for sure (against the Panthers)...but I like them in the underdog role.
The game could have ended quite differently if (1) Gostkowski made the PAT; or (2) Talib got called for his pretty blatant pass interference on the last conversion attempt. It was a good game by both teams. My gut is that either AFC team would get crushed by the Panthers this season. I don't expect much of a Super Bowl this season.

The more relevant question is how much longer this thread lingers. After the appeal is decided, there will be little else to discuss.
Old 01-25-2016, 08:49 AM
Mr Dobalina

Quote:
Originally Posted by djg21 View Post
Talib got called for his pretty blatant pass interference on the last conversion attempt.(
I'll give you that call if I can get the Gronk push offs that have been taking place all season. Dude gets a lot of superstar treatment by the refs (don't mind it...he's earned it) I try to call it like I see it, and I thought that call was marginal (at worst). Those guys are pushing and hand checking on nearly every play.

There was a none call/interference (that should have gone against the Broncos) earlier in the game that I thought was worse.

Added: If that call went against the Broncos, I'd have rolled my eyes, but not been outraged.

Last edited by firerescuefin; 01-25-2016 at 08:55 AM.
Old 01-25-2016, 08:56 AM

Quote:
I'll give you that call if I can get the Gronk push offs that have been taking place all season. Dude gets a lot of superstar treatment by the refs (don't mind it...he's earned it) I try to call it like I see it, and I thought that call was marginal (at worst). Those guys are pushing and hand checking on nearly every play.

There was a none call/interference (that should have gone against the Broncos) earlier in the game that I thought was worse.
You win some calls and lose some. I'd rather that the teams be allowed to play. On the replay, you can see Talib grab Gronk around the waist to stop him from jumping. But they both were jumping, and NFL officials seem to let holds like this slide when the receiver and defender are both jumping. Point being it was a close game that could have gone either way.