Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-08-2024, 12:50 PM
ZhugeLiang

Quote:
Originally Posted by IJWS View Post
This is going to be an interesting trend:

Old 06-08-2024, 01:11 PM

Just saw one in the wild. I’m not saying this because I own a Tesla or am a fanboy, but I don’t personally find it as hideous as some others here. It’s “interesting” and something different.

My bigger concern is the sharp edges and points of the panels. But if someone wants to drop $100k on this that’s their business and not mine. It’s not for me but neither are other humongous trucks that happen to be gas powered using reciprocating engines and other 19th and 20th century technology.
Old 06-08-2024, 01:15 PM

was rethinking my earlier post and yeah, it's no different really than getting slammed by a pickup. new ones are monstrous. the ford ranger's for example, used to be small. now, they aren't. and all pickups have a completely flat rear surface (tailgate).

(i'm speaking as a former pickup owner incidentally.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saab2000 View Post
Just saw one in the wild. I’m not saying this because I own a Tesla or am a fanboy, but I don’t personally find it as hideous as some others here. It’s “interesting” and something different.

My bigger concern is the sharp edges and points of the panels. But if someone wants to drop $100k on this that’s their business and not mine. It’s not for me but neither are other humongous trucks that happen to be gas powered using reciprocating engines and other 19th and 20th century technology.
Old 06-08-2024, 01:27 PM

My wife spotted one the other evening a few miles from our home. I first thought it was a kit car but now seeing this thread realize what it was. Am I getting too much info from Paceline?
Old 06-08-2024, 02:58 PM
Back At It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saab2000 View Post

My biggest concern is the sharp edges and points of the panels. But if someone wants to drop $100k on this that’s their business and not mine. It’s not for me but neither are other humongous trucks that happen to be gas powered using reciprocating engines and other 19th and 20th century technology.
I don't like the look of it for sure, but I think my biggest issue is the fit and finish from what I've seen on some of the videos (watch Hoovie's Garage for example).. as I understand it, the fit and finish on your Tesla car is light years ahead of the CT.. it sounds like they rushed them out the door just to get them on the road and cut some corners (and some corners will cut you!).. like I mentioned before, things like the missing light bar, wheel covers, and software on the Founder's Edition..

also, to be fair, I think Elon Musk is one of the biggest DBs on the planet, so..
Old 06-08-2024, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourflys View Post

also, to be fair, I think Elon Musk is one of the biggest DBs on the planet, so..
I agree with this sentiment entirely. I’m not sure I would buy my Tesla today because of this.
Old 06-08-2024, 09:41 PM

I think the FB algorithm gods think I must want one of the Cybertrucks wrapped. I get images and stories everyday of how they can be wrapped. Mirror finish, matte finish, camo finish, rust finish, rainbow finish, nat geo finish, dinosaur finish to name a few, and on and on…I don’t care, they are all huge, ugly, and beyond stupid waste of $$ to me. Wrapping a turd that big unfortunately does not hide the fact it’s still a turd.
Old 06-09-2024, 06:01 AM

Yes
Old 06-09-2024, 08:07 PM

Late to the party. Finally saw one today.

Matte black.

Staggeringly ugly ! !
Old 06-10-2024, 12:33 AM
Byron

I'm fine with this lovely design, if it is destined for another planet far far away.
Old 06-10-2024, 09:27 AM

I saw one in New Jersey trying to haul lumber. 70% of the load was sticking out of the back window it was ridiculous. My wife says they look like a bad reboot of the El Camino.
Old 06-10-2024, 09:47 PM

I couldn't resist gawking at one parked at my library today. Build quality was quite good, no panel mismatches, and braked creases were uniform. Surprisingly compact. Kid's footprints on the roll top, and fingerprint smudges like a fridge, but looked good for a 2 month old car (license plate month). New additional camera under the front bumper. It was backed out later, and the rear steering wheels were interesting to see in action. I wonder how close the stainless steel is to the Starship magical plasma resistant flaps.

Last edited by Carbonita; 06-10-2024 at 10:12 PM.
Old 06-11-2024, 12:50 PM
new day rising

Even uglier in person. And somewhat surprising, both were painted (one white, one florescent green). the green was some business marketing scheme though.

I've seen the rear wheel steering on an '88 Honda Prelude. *shrug*

I'd rather have a Volkswagen pickup or a Japanese built Toyota Hilux.
Old 06-11-2024, 12:55 PM

They are smaller than I thought. I was surprised at that as they kinda have been talked about as large vehicles.
Old 06-11-2024, 01:09 PM
#RYFB

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryA View Post
They are smaller than I thought. I was surprised at that as they kinda have been talked about as large vehicles.
If that is not a large vehicle, I don't know what is.

Tags
incels, muskrat