Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-02-2022, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teletori View Post
Anyone tried the new Stealth Team saddle?...but find it a bit hard on longer roller rides.
I can't speak specifically on the Stealth, but I did switch to a similar saddle last fall, the Bontrager Aeolus.

I'm experiencing the same thing as you-not as comfortable when riding rollers, the trainer, etal. Didn't have a problem on the road.
Old 02-02-2022, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter P. View Post
I can't speak specifically on the Stealth, but I did switch to a similar saddle last fall, the Bontrager Aeolus.

I'm experiencing the same thing as you-not as comfortable when riding rollers, the trainer, etal. Didn't have a problem on the road.
I wouldn’t say the Stealth and the Aeolus are that similar. The Stealth is a lot flatter and the nose is a good bit wider.
Old 02-02-2022, 06:08 PM

Thanks for the reply everyone.
Old 02-02-2022, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter P. View Post

I'm interested in trying the Aeolus too, but I'm waiting for the spring, where I can get more miles in the 30-day guarantee to make sure I like it.
Old 02-02-2022, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbrwn View Post
The best to you. Giving open ended superlatives in saddle threads is kinda pointless. Because it sure as hell isn't better to me.
You're right...I should've added IN MY OPINION.
Old 03-26-2022, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rice rocket View Post
There's a curved version now too, just to add more confusion.
Bumping to see if anyone can shed light on the differences that Curve brings to the table. I did multiple web searches but nothing yielded anything helpful. My thought is that this model creates more slope in the wings like the Power Arc but again can’t find anything to confirm or not.
Old 03-26-2022, 09:47 AM

Stealth

Anyone have a Pro Stealth Team or Superlight saddle in 142mm that they did not get on with?
I am interested in trying one.

I have been riding Sworks Pro Arc 143 for several years- But recently it seems to not agree.
Right now I am riding a Fizik Argo and it seems decent, but I want to see what else is out there.
Also could trade Power for Stealth if that is of interest.
Old 03-26-2022, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahumblecycler View Post
Bumping to see if anyone can shed light on the differences that Curve brings to the table. I did multiple web searches but nothing yielded anything helpful. My thought is that this model creates more slope in the wings like the Power Arc but again can’t find anything to confirm or not.
I just bought one.

The curvature is really subtle, it's really a slight kick up in the back, instead of being pancake flat. Versus a Romin, it's a barely noticeable amount of curve. I bought it along with the Bontrager Aeolus Pro, one is going back in 30 days.

One thing to note, the available rail space is real short compared to the Aeolus or even the Romin, which makes it unusable for me on my road bike (integrated seat post without enough setback).

Last edited by rice rocket; 03-26-2022 at 10:16 AM.
Old 03-26-2022, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rice rocket View Post
I'm interested in trying the Aeolus too, but I'm waiting for the spring, where I can get more miles in the 30-day guarantee to make sure I like it.

I just started trialing a bunch of different saddles, including the Aeolus Pro, Pro Turnix, and a SLR Superflow. The Turnix is a winner for me, but the Aeolus isn’t too bad. It’s nice to be back on a 140-ish width instead of the ass-hatchet 155 Romins I’ve been using.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 03-26-2022, 10:53 AM

The Aeolus is my go to.

That said, I must be odd but I find most saddles ok.
Old 03-26-2022, 11:41 AM

Rail lengths (all lined up at the 80mm mark), try not to focus on the tilt....

Carbon/carbon Romin 143 on the bottom

Old 03-26-2022, 12:25 PM

I switched to the shimano stealth. PSA went from 3.8 to 1.8.
Old 04-10-2022, 10:05 PM

Just updating my experiences with the Stealth curved vs Aeolus, the channel in the Aeolus is wider in 145mm width, which may or may not work for you. For me, the Aeolus felt more like a flat saddle that had a kicked up rear and felt more like I was perched on, while the sides of the Stealth curved cradled better, especially on climbing when I pushed back into the curvature. This seems to match the (limited) marketing that has been released on the Stealth curved (deeper sides, narrower nose), so perhaps Stealth users could ostensibly interchange w/ the Aeolus, I have not ridden the non-curved Stealth though.

I think I'm still not used to having a nose to slide forward onto, and might try a wider Turnix, but quick comparison with the 132mm Turnix I have already, the sides do not sweep down as deep as the Stealth curved.

I think I'd like the Aeolus more if I were coming from a flatter saddle (Toupe, Arione, etc.), I wouldn't go as far as calling it flat though. My saddle for the last 8 or so years has been the Romin carbon.

Last edited by rice rocket; 04-11-2022 at 09:08 AM.