Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old Today, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourflys View Post
yep, that's an issue on a lot of new ICE cars as well..

and congrats on the Miata!! I had an NB (99, autoX prepped) that was so awesome.. should have never sold it! (who cares it didn't fit a carseat!) I would like to pick up an ND one day.. enjoy, Miata is ALWAYS the right answer..
I’m scheduled to pick it up tomorrow. Obviously I’d like it today but I know they have prep work for it and I thought I’d be at work today, which I am not.

I got the Club spec with the BBR option package - Brembo brakes, Bilstein dampers and Recaro seats. Manual transmission obviously. and in Mazda’s brilliant metallic red paint. They’ve made a few changes for 2024 that are notable. A new limited slip differential which supposedly makes it less prone to snap oversteer but still steerable with by right foot, a new steering rack with supposedly less friction and better on-center feel, all LED lighting externally and an upgraded infotainment, which I read somewhere was mandated in other parts of the world due to security shortcomings of the old system. So it’s fully modern now. Not that a car like this needs great infotainment, but hey, I’ll take the most modern version possible.

Pics to follow.
Old Today, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saab2000 View Post
(...) We’ll see what the future holds.

I take delivery of a 2024 Miata either later today or tomorrow.(...)
It's a good time to be an electric car manufacturer. The sales graphs shoot up exponentially:
https://www.iea.org/reports/global-e...-electric-cars

Looking forward to the Miata pics!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LXKZq0fYDw
Old Today, 01:55 PM

Quote:
I got the Club spec with the BBR option package - Brembo brakes, Bilstein dampers and Recaro seats. Manual transmission obviously. and in Mazda’s brilliant metallic red paint.
Soul Red is a real nice color. Hope you will be able to enjoy your new sports car before the snow comes.
Old Today, 03:39 PM
#RYFB

Quote:
The new ones do everything through haptic buttons on the steering wheel.
I'd guess that explains why so few Tesla drivers indicate their turns, except that few people in any make of vehicle do so.

I have a riding buddy who will occasionally ask a Tesla driver if they have the base model, and if they say yes he'll tell them they should have splurged on one with a turn indicator.
Old Today, 04:44 PM

Quote:
I take delivery of a 2024 Miata either later today or tomorrow. I wanted a mostly analog car while they’re still available. Can’t wait to try it out but not looking forward to pumping gas again.
Don’t worry, you won’t have to fill up often. My 2020 MX5 routinely gets 34mpg and I don’t baby it.

Tim
Old Today, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgolvin View Post
I'd guess that explains why so few Tesla drivers indicate their turns, except that few people in any make of vehicle do so.

I have a riding buddy who will occasionally ask a Tesla driver if they have the base model, and if they say yes he'll tell them they should have splurged on one with a turn indicator.
That’s awesome! I am super anal retentive about turn signal usage. I use mine.

I don’t notice that Teslas are less apt to use their turn signals but I would roughly guess than 50% of all drivers don’t use them. It’s super annoying.

Use your turn signals people!