Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old Today, 01:07 PM

Would love to have a Singer, looks exceptional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Chaba View Post
This one rides so nicely….
Old Today, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrslug View Post
Agree — love that silvery blue. One of my favorite colors. I see this RS frame has different head tube lugs from the norm. Do you know what the history is behind that? Special edition of some kind?
Thanks for the nice comments. The RS wasn’t made for me as I noted so I don’t have its full history. It was made for a Paceliner though and maybe they see this and chime in. Richie himself often peruses the comments here so he may jump in as well. Those lugs are known as Nuovo Richie lugs and he describes as “ornate without being frou-frou”. They’re the same ones that he used on the bike he made for Craig Gaulzetti (the Jerk) and has been bought and sold here a few times. I don’t know if the original customer selected them or in the 2008-ish timeframe they were part of an anniversary run. This bike was originally traditional red and white. Along the way it was refurbished and as I understand it repainted by Tom Kellogg. But take all of the aforementioned as hearsay as I’ve not spent too much time chasing down facts but just built it up and rode it like I stole it….