Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old Yesterday, 04:11 PM

OT: 2025 NBA Season

The most beautiful, exciting team sport in the world (with apologies to soccer) is about to begin a new season.

A few random thoughts and prognostications:

I think the TWolves got the better of the KAT trade. I personally like KAT. I just think he comes up short when it counts. If Randle can shoot a few percentage points better, it’s a no-brainer. DeVincenzo is a great shooter and gritty defender.

The Mavs suffered against Boston because their best players (Doncic, Kyrie) are great volume shooters who can’t defend. So they added Klay, a pretty good (at this stage) volume shooter who can’t defend anymore. Not sure how this makes sense.

OKC just put themselves over the top by adding Hartenstein and Caruso. They were very skilled but lacked toughness and rebounding. Has there been a better GM over the past decade than Sam Presti? (Outside of Bob Myers) I don’t think so.

Playoffs: (West) OKC over Denver
(East) Boston over New York

Finals: Boston over OKC.

MVP: SGA
ROY: Reed Sheppard (but Matas Buzelis looks really good too)
MIP: Wemby
COY: Billy Donovan

First Team:
SGA
Doncic
Brown (Bos)
Tatum
Jokic

Last edited by XXtwindad; Yesterday at 04:20 PM.
Old Yesterday, 04:57 PM

Yes this is a wonderful time of year! My fantasy football team is driving me bonkers so I look forward to the distraction even more.

I’m not a KAT fan and was disappointed in the trade because I really liked that Knicks team last year and I’m not sure if he’ll be the right fit there. I hope so; it’s good for Basketball capital B when the Knicks are good and no, I’m not generally a Knicks fan.

Most interesting team in my book, probably colored by me being a fan, is the Grizzlies. What will post-suspension, post injury Ja look like? How will the offense look with Ja and Edy? I think they will be fascinating with the wide range of talent they have. With all that I agree that OKC is the team to beat in the West.

Second most interesting, from maybe the soap opera standpoint is the Lakers. Neophyte coach, ageless Lebron and shouldn’t be in the NBA (yet anyway) Bronny. Hopefully, for everyone’s sake, but especially Bronny’s, they put him in the G- League.

The “chip on the shoulder” force will be quite strong with the Celtics.
Old Yesterday, 05:15 PM

Please let this be the last year of Lebron and the Lakers. Please let him retire and take his son with him wherever that may be so that the Lakers can start to rebuild into a championship. However, I have no faith in Jennie to do what’s right and lead the organization back to greatness, it seems she is just interested in filling seats and making money.
Old Yesterday, 06:48 PM

Knicks will dominate. Look out.
Old Yesterday, 07:57 PM
Registered (ab)User

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXtwindad View Post
Finals: Boston over OKC.
From your lips to god's ears.
or Red's.
Old Yesterday, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Ross View Post