Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-08-2024, 10:09 AM

CORIMA Full Carbon Wheels

Anyone have any experience with these? This version I have is I believe about 10 years old (Clincher/Rim)

https://bikerumor.com/eb14-corimas-f...nternals-more/
Old Yesterday, 04:58 AM

I have a pair of the MCC S+ 32 mm tubulars and they are mighty fine wheels. Nice quality hubs, and as expected, sturdy feeling due to the construction. I rarely have issues with wheels or bikes feeling uncomfortable and neither are these, just to have mentioned it. The only apparent negative is the wet weather braking, if you can call it that, at least when using the standard included red pads.
If anyone is truly interested they might be available, but I keep throwing them on my bike on good weather days, so not in a hurry to get rid of them.
Old Yesterday, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erik$ View Post
I have a pair of the MCC S+ 32 mm tubulars and they are mighty fine wheels. Nice quality hubs, and as expected, sturdy feeling due to the construction. I rarely have issues with wheels or bikes feeling uncomfortable and neither are these, just to have mentioned it. The only apparent negative is the wet weather braking, if you can call it that, at least when using the standard included red pads.
If anyone is truly interested they might be available, but I keep throwing them on my bike on good weather days, so not in a hurry to get rid of them.
Thanks for that erik$

I have read that Corima grey pads aid in the braking experience.
Old Today, 01:12 AM

Yup, so have I. It just takes some time to weat out the red ones so haven't tried them yet. Might get a pair for next season, just for fun.