Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old Yesterday, 12:18 PM

Yah.. renting each time is prohibitively expensive compared to the full season rentals.

We do that for my son the last few seasons. You can rent maybe 2x at the mountain for the same price as a full season rental from a shop. For the amount we go renting at the mountain would be the same price as just buying him a new board + boots every winter.

It takes a proprietary tool but the Subaru crossbars just require unscrewing one bolt on each bar and then releasing the quick release on the other side and then you could lift the entire thing off. No need for a hacksaw at all, there is not really much security there. Way more security with anything mounted on the hitch as you can easily lock to the hitch or the frame of the car.
Old Yesterday, 07:58 PM

I use a thule cargo box and I would never consider a snowpack style of ski carrier as I actually care about the tune on my skis. Ihave access to a ski tuning robot and an IR waxer, my gear is always tip top. The idea of skis on the roof of my vehicle with metal edges and bindings exposed to road salt and what not...no thanks

I thought all outdoorsy, healthy people owned a Sprinter these days? Problem solved