Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-20-2024, 07:38 PM

Weird thing this evening. I'm driving my wife's Bolt EV which has auto-dimming brights. Always works pretty well. Following a Cybertruck, the brights are randomly toggling on and off, as if the algorithm used can't decide if I am really following a car or not. As soon as it turned off the road and I was following a more conventional vehicle the system worked again as expected.
Old 09-21-2024, 06:11 PM

Just saw another- that’s 3 this week.

Even my daughter (age 5) now knows what a cybertruck looks like now because her friends talk about it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1905.jpg (146.8 KB, 297 views)
Old 09-21-2024, 06:49 PM
Back At It!

was passed by one while riding today.. no issues, just such a big vehicle.. at least the stainless and angels make it look big, bigger than it might actually be..
Old 09-23-2024, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHAero View Post
Weird thing this evening. I'm driving my wife's Bolt EV which has auto-dimming brights. Always works pretty well. Following a Cybertruck, the brights are randomly toggling on and off, as if the algorithm used can't decide if I am really following a car or not. As soon as it turned off the road and I was following a more conventional vehicle the system worked again as expected.
As if a sensor was not working as intended because it was reflecting off of the perfectly flat rear panel?

Or, like you said, it didn't recognize the form factor as a vehicle.
Old 09-23-2024, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHAero View Post
That's odd.

My Honda has auto-dim, but it only puts on the highs when there is very little ambient light at all - any little reflection (signs, parked cars, etc) can cause it to dim/return to low beams.
Old 09-23-2024, 08:47 AM

This thread just keeps getting more and more surreal. Cybertrucks must be selling like hotcakes here. I am seeing them every single day now, multiple times a day.

If there is Elon hate out there stopping people from buying them the overwhelmingly liberal population here seems to have not gotten the message.

I think a very high percentage of trucks here are trophies that don't really get used for any real work, the Cybertruck seems to fulfill that mission quite effectively.
Old 09-24-2024, 02:59 PM

WankPanzers

https://www.independent.co.uk/tech/t...-b2614832.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by benb View Post
This thread just keeps getting more and more surreal. Cybertrucks must be selling like hotcakes here. I am seeing them every single day now, multiple times a day.

If there is Elon hate out there stopping people from buying them the overwhelmingly liberal population here seems to have not gotten the message.

I think a very high percentage of trucks here are trophies that don't really get used for any real work, the Cybertruck seems to fulfill that mission quite effectively.
Old 09-24-2024, 04:53 PM

WSJ has a piece on the CT: the main takeaway, you have to want to clean your truck evidently.

It’s amazing that this vehicle is now a political statement.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1982.jpg (94.8 KB, 157 views)
Old 09-27-2024, 08:09 AM

Another one-

I read yesterday that they have sold roughly 13,000 CT so far- I don’t why that seems amazing to me.

Just saw another.

It’s still weird looking- it’s like a station wagon from Buck Roger’s (the comic book)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2077.jpg (115.9 KB, 108 views)
Old 09-27-2024, 08:18 AM
Randomhead

I have been told there are at least 3 in town now. People think that sales have been disappointing, I hate to think how many there would be if they were as expected.
Old 10-02-2024, 07:37 AM

The F-series Ford next to this CT dwarfed the CT. The photo doesn't do it justice. The CT looked like a toy next to the Ford. It's not a subcompact truck, but it's also not as enormous as some make it out to be. It's the 'unique' aesthetic that has most people upset. Note that this owner has removed the mirrors.

I saw these next to each other a couple days ago in the parking garage at O'hare in Chicago.

Tags
incels, muskrat