Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-27-2024, 08:13 PM
n - 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Robb View Post
There are a few HIEs but I'm guessing you are talking about the one on Jupiter? Close to airport and Mission Bay but pretty heavy traffic and no where good to eat within walking distance. How do you feel about riding after dark on busy streets because there are some good places you could reach that way. OTOH I don't know what you could do with your bikes while eating dinner, Hmmm, UBER? might ruin the budget.

If you find other places that are budget friendly tell me about them and I'll give you my opinion on the locations and THAT will be worth every penny you pay for it. My thought was if you have a place to stay near Mission Beach you could walk to MANY places to eat from taco stands to fine dining while watching the sunset and hearing/seeing the surf.
Thanks. Yes, one on Jupiter. Good to know about traffic.
We’re taking Bromptons so we can take them in with us.
But traffic does concern me. I’m able to cancel until the day before, so I’ll check out places a bit closer to the beach.
Old 09-28-2024, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by p nut View Post
Thanks. Yes, one on Jupiter. Good to know about traffic.
We’re taking Bromptons so we can take them in with us.
But traffic does concern me. I’m able to cancel until the day before, so I’ll check out places a bit closer to the beach.
Assuming there are still websites offering last minute hotel deals so you might end up with a Richie Sachs for the price of a Huffy.