Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-23-2024, 04:00 PM

Handup gloves

have been wearing Gore gloves for several years, no complaints with them but wanted to try something different.

was googling 'best road gloves' and ran across a Reddit thread where several ppl had good things to say about Handup. never heard of them, so went to their site and checked out the offerings.

got a pair of short-finger gloves for $20 (+$5 ship). used them for the first time today and they seem to be a decent product. they're on the minimalist side of things, no real padding, no velcro closure. have a microfiber area on each thumb for runny noses which I used several times. very soft on the ol' snout...

so, if you're looking for inexpensive gloves they might be worth a shot.

https://www.handupco.com/collections/shorties
Old 09-23-2024, 04:13 PM

I’ve been using them in full and half finger for a few years now. They meet my basic needs of protecting my hands better than no gloves while being otherwise minimal with the added bonus of a decent wiper of sweat using the thumb area.
Old 09-23-2024, 04:16 PM

I've also been using these gloves this season.

I still prefer the gloves made by The Black Bibs, as they have really convenient loops for removing the gloves. My favorite by a long shot, and at a great price.

But if you like a minimalist glove at a good price, the Handup gloves are worth a look, particularly if they have a sale going.
Old 09-23-2024, 05:58 PM

I got some full finger gloves from them a few months ago. They are decent. As other mentioned, no padding. I find the cuff area around the wrist to be a bit annoying, tends to roll down on me for some reason. Thinking I'll go back to Castelli for my next set of gloves.
Old 09-24-2024, 07:54 AM

Few years ago I noticed a close buddy rode with full finger gloves, even during the summer. He's a trackie, and claimed that he gets more grip, hands are less slippery (during oppressive new england summers), and they feel cooler, temperature-wise. I gave it a try and boy was he right. Since then I have amassed a mini collection of long finger summer gloves and feel naked without them.
I initially bought the 100% brand, then handsup. Both are excellent, indestructible, affordable, and zero fuss (zero padding too). I also own handsup winter gloves, which are *perfect* on the 0C-7C range.
Honorable mention goes to Fox and lizard skins (which fell apart and got re-stitched).

Can't go wrong with handsup: Great quality, excellent price, and sweet/silly designs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seramount View Post
have been wearing Gore gloves for several years, no complaints with them but wanted to try something different.

was googling 'best road gloves' and ran across a Reddit thread where several ppl had good things to say about Handup. never heard of them, so went to their site and checked out the offerings.

got a pair of short-finger gloves for $20 (+$5 ship). used them for the first time today and they seem to be a decent product. they're on the minimalist side of things, no real padding, no velcro closure. have a microfiber area on each thumb for runny noses which I used several times. very soft on the ol' snout...

so, if you're looking for inexpensive gloves they might be worth a shot.

https://www.handupco.com/collections/shorties
Old 09-24-2024, 08:10 AM

If you like thin gloves, also check out the Giro Rivet.

They're *very* thin but perfect for summertime. And they run small.
Old 09-24-2024, 09:52 AM

I was on the fence about handup and went with the Giro trixter. Seem similar but I'll try handup next go.
Old 09-24-2024, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchourbreath View Post
I was on the fence about handup and went with the Giro trixter. Seem similar but I'll try handup next go.
The trixter is also great - I really like the leather palm.

The rivet is even thinner.

I like them both more than the handup offerings.