Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-16-2024, 03:17 PM

I used SuperFlash before with replaceable batteries,it lasted a long time, lets water in , had to be mounted upside down in rain .

Now I use 3 Cygolite HyperShots with rechargeable batteries in different lumens on 4 of my bikes. The light setting is very customizable, intensity and the light rate and modes. I have mine sat on very rare blinking mode for daytime riding and on the very lowest steady light setting for night riding. One light on steady lasted for several nights on riding without charging. I think Cydolite says it would last 200 hours. I never tested it but it is probably close to the truth.
Too bad they all have mini or micro USBs.
Old 09-18-2024, 03:49 PM

Have a couple of Lezyne Strip Drive Pros that have worked well. They can deliver up to 300 lumens depending on the blinking pattern, there are more patterns than anyone would ever need. Can be mounted on the seat post or seat stay. Picked up for around $35.
Old 09-18-2024, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blew View Post
Have a couple of Lezyne Strip Drive Pros that have worked well. They can deliver up to 300 lumens depending on the blinking pattern, there are more patterns than anyone would ever need. Can be mounted on the seat post or seat stay. Picked up for around $35.
I've used one of those for a long time - super bright, good battery life, lasts for years, not particularly subject to the cold, no water ingress. Great product.