Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-28-2024, 08:17 AM
Everyone's Favorite Droid

Serotta sighting: Ocean Ave, Rhode Island around 830

okay, which one of has the Big Boy Blue steel Serotta? I couldn’t make out the model but I ran past you and said “nice Serotta” and you said “thanks!”
Old 08-28-2024, 08:19 AM

Not me
Old 08-28-2024, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude View Post
okay, which one of has the Big Boy Blue steel Serotta? I couldn’t make out the model but I ran past you and said “nice Serotta” and you said “thanks!”
You need to narrow it down a bit - every 3rd road here is called Ocean Ave!

If you're in Newport (in which case you were actually Ocean Drive) and the rider was tall and skinny, it was probably Brian. You can say hi to him at his shop on Bannister's Wharf, Newport Scrimshander. Yes, he is actually a scrimshander. He's a very nice and very interesting guy.
Old 08-28-2024, 09:19 AM

No Serotta here as I walked pooch on Ocean ave this AM (not Newport)
Old 08-28-2024, 09:37 AM

Good point. Ocean ave(?) heading south out of Narragansett. I think right next to the something Judith country club. I was trying to keep it somewhat clandestine….but…I guess I couldn’t.
Old 08-28-2024, 10:14 AM

Also, it sounds like all of you were on an Ocean Ave/rd/st/dr/way riding at 830 and had a runner say “Nice Serotta.” That’s an amazing coincidence.

Quote:
Good point. Ocean ave(?) heading south out of Narragansett. I think right next to the something Judith country club. I was trying to keep it somewhat clandestine….but…I guess I couldn’t.
Old 08-28-2024, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Also, it sounds like all of you were on an Ocean Ave/rd/st/dr/way riding at 830 and had a runner say “Nice Serotta.” That’s an amazing coincidence.
I've never even ridden a Serotta and didn't happen to be on Ocean Drive or with Brian the scrimshander this morning, but perhaps it would be a more amazing coincidence if the person who was riding said Serotta was on the forum.

Since you're where you are, if you're looking for a restaurant rec the Matunuck Oyster Bar is great.
Old 08-28-2024, 02:51 PM

It’s like a needle in a haystack in a haystack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by November Dave View Post
I've never even ridden a Serotta and didn't happen to be on Ocean Drive or with Brian the scrimshander this morning, but perhaps it would be a more amazing coincidence if the person who was riding said Serotta was on the forum.

Since you're where you are, if you're looking for a restaurant rec the Matunuck Oyster Bar is great.
Old 08-29-2024, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Wasn't me, but I used to live in Providence. Think you are talking about Ocean Rd, and that would have been the POINT Judith Country Club.
Old 08-29-2024, 06:13 PM

Wow.
Almost an amazing coincidence.
We are on vacation in Narragansett this week and I was riding down Ocean Ave. around that time yesterday morning.
I was on my blue Hampsten.
I did not see the Serotta but I almost brought my coupled Serotta this week.
Old 08-29-2024, 09:01 PM

Ha too funny. We were there from sun night through Thurs AM. I didn’t see any hampstens but wasn’t really looking for them. I only got a run in on Mon and Weds.

We stayed at the Aqua Blue hotel. I had never been to Narragansett and really liked it. Would totally go back there.
Old 08-30-2024, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Ha too funny. We were there from sun night through Thurs AM. I didn’t see any hampstens but wasn’t really looking for them. I only got a run in on Mon and Weds.

We stayed at the Aqua Blue hotel. I had never been to Narragansett and really liked it. Would totally go back there.
This is our third time back.
My wife and daughters like to spend time on the beach. I’m OK with it for a few hours a day.
What I like about Narragansett is that they can head out to the beach at 10. I leave a little before them and take a 30 mile ride and meet them there around noon.
The riding is better than I thought it would be. Once you get inland a little there are quiet country roads with some rolling hills I did not expect.
Great spot that makes everyone in our family happy.
Plus it’s not a total zoo like the Jersey shore.
Old 08-30-2024, 06:40 AM

Gansett

My favorite place to be in the summer is on Narragansett town beach. It can get a bit crowded on a weekend day, but still plenty of room if you walk a bit from the main pavilion. The water this time of year is around 70-71 degrees, nine waves, very clear water with no seaweed right now. I love to ride along Ocean Rd. down to the Pt. Judith lighthouse and back down to Saunderstown. I was down there last Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Wednesday and yesterday, had dinner at Aunt Carrie's! I did not happen to notice anyone riding a Serotta on my rides/walks over the last week. Highly recommend a visit to the area!
Old 08-30-2024, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattro View Post
My favorite place to be in the summer is on Narragansett town beach. It can get a bit crowded on a weekend day, but still plenty of room if you walk a bit from the main pavilion. The water this time of year is around 70-71 degrees, nine waves, very clear water with no seaweed right now. I love to ride along Ocean Rd. down to the Pt. Judith lighthouse and back down to Saunderstown. I was down there last Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Wednesday and yesterday, had dinner at Aunt Carrie's! I did not happen to notice anyone riding a Serotta on my rides/walks over the last week. Highly recommend a visit to the area!
Town Beach and Scarborough are our favorites.
We do not have town resident credentials so the State Park is much less money than the town beach and really just as nice.