Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-07-2024, 05:15 PM

You mean that Grevil is uglier than this?: https://www.velominati.com/wp-conten.../fignon_hr.jpg
Old 08-08-2024, 06:35 AM

The versatility of this bike is pretty amazing. I have been impressed with it's manners on both paved and unpaved roads, so I decided to throw on my Oracle Ridge Endurance casings and brought the Grevil F to my local MTB group ride last night to see if it could hang. It did!

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
Old 08-08-2024, 08:24 AM

I like it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilltopperny View Post
The versatility of this bike is pretty amazing. I have been impressed with it's manners on both paved and unpaved roads, so I decided to throw on my Oracle Ridge Endurance casings and brought the Grevil F to my local MTB group ride last night to see if it could hang. It did!

Old 08-08-2024, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilltopperny View Post

I think that says more about your MTB trails than the bike, just saying!

I live in SC and ride my gravel bike on all the "MTB" trails.
Old 08-08-2024, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vespasianus View Post
I think that says more about your MTB trails than the bike, just saying!

I live in SC and ride my gravel bike on all the "MTB" trails.
We have a mix of different trails here. The Wednesday night ride is xc single track with two connecting trail systems. Most of it is rooty and sandy with some rockier spots on the farm side trails. I spend most of my time on the MTB on those trails.

We also have a ride up bike park with more advanced trails, but I am not that interested in jumps or drops all that much these days. I have a Rocky Mountain Instinct and Habit Hardtail if I feel like riding up there. A few of these trails are above my skill level!

Last edited by Hilltopperny; 08-08-2024 at 10:57 AM.
Old 08-23-2024, 06:00 AM

Just posting to say that Epic Cycles still hasn't even sent the freehub promised and my patience is wearing thin. It's been over three weeks and since I work at a bike shop I know it doesn't take long to order and have it shipped.

After riding the Rapid Red 900 wheels for a bit I can state they are hot garbage compared to the rest of the bike and are only really suitable for foul weather riding or as a spare set to keep somebody going until they can fix the problem with a more performance oriented higher quality wheel.

Definitely dissatisfied with their customer service and now their promise to make it right. As a guy who sells a lot of stuff I would never tell a customer that I was going to send something after screwing up an order and then just never do so. I feel like the agreement to get me the freehub I need for my existing wheelset was only to stop my public outing of their poor business practices since it's clearly not a priority for them! I am likely going to contact the card company whom I used for the purchase and get them involved...

Last edited by Hilltopperny; 08-23-2024 at 06:33 AM.