Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-15-2024, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRad704 View Post
Since then i've felt mildly insulted by any offer I've received
I would wonder if you would even be able to sell the bike yourself at a price you would be happy with from them. The used market is in such a slump right now, and even new bikes - I was looking last weekend and I can buy a new Scott Spark for 30% less than I can get a Top Fuel, On sale, at my shop team price. Its so bonkers.
Old 08-15-2024, 10:40 AM

The amount offered to purchase a bike will be very low, but if you've had it on eBay and Facebook for weeks and get no interest, there aren't many other choices. You can opt for them to sell a bike for you and get about 70% of the sale price, but you could take home even less than selling to them. My Cinelli had the new wheels off my Rouvida, almost new crank, new tires and the frame was like new. They offered $1500. Build cost with a heavily discounted frame was over $4,000.

The bike must have it's serial number undamaged or they won't sell it or buy it. They won't sell a Yoeleo, even though it has a serial number inside the head tube.
Old 08-15-2024, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .RJ View Post
I would wonder if you would even be able to sell the bike yourself at a price you would be happy with from them. The used market is in such a slump right now, and even new bikes - I was looking last weekend and I can buy a new Scott Spark for 30% less than I can get a Top Fuel, On sale, at my shop team price. Its so bonkers.
Oh I totally agree with you. The offers I've gotten are what they could pay, knowing they have to take on the coordination of selling it later AND making some money. But it still stings to get that email with a number lower than expected.
Old 08-15-2024, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRad704 View Post
But it still stings to get that email with a number lower than expected.
100%

I have a bike that I've been trying to sell and its gotten very close to the point of I'd rather keep it than continuing to drop the price.
Old 08-15-2024, 03:19 PM
Back At It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by .RJ View Post
100%

I have a bike that I've been trying to sell and its gotten very close to the point of I'd rather keep it than continuing to drop the price.
I had a prefect condition CAAD9 in the all backed out theme (decals as well) that I tried to sell to them and they didn't even want to make me an offer.. this was probably in 2022.. I just ended up selling on CL for a price I could stand..
Old 08-20-2024, 11:07 AM

I ended up speaking with somebody at TPC and they told me that the derailleurs were overstock from a bike company and unused. I figured for the cost savings I could forego the warranty. Just received it and it does look brand new so I think it was a good choice considering my already bloated budget.