Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

View Poll Results: Which of these two bikes do you like more?
1) BlackHeart Road Ti 28 49.12%
2) Bossi Strada SS 29 50.88%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-16-2024, 12:42 PM

are you asking about aesthetics or more about the spec? If the later, I'd love to see both posted here. If the former, it's really a toss up for me and I'd go for the better geo (that's a decision only you can answer).
Old 05-16-2024, 02:13 PM

In the looks department, I prefer the Blackheart.
In the way the tubes are shaped, I feel the Bossi is going to be STIFFFFFFF!
Old 05-16-2024, 02:21 PM

If you want a "chopper" the Blackheart, want a bicycle the Bossi. There really is no comparison besides they both have round wheels.
Old 05-16-2024, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane4XC View Post
I have the Bossi… so I’ll refrain from voting due to bias. Picked it up with a nice discount from Befitting Bicycles in PA.

It’s a nice bike, with great customer service from Bossi. My seat post was slipping so they sent a new clamp piece and post.

Reilly cycles and J Guillem do similar style bikes FYI. Aesthetically I like the head tube better on the Reilly:
https://www.reillycycleworks.com/pro...aero-road-disc
You will probably be very upset, but it looks like the frame for Bossi is made by Waltly, for a price 4-5 times cheaper. This is what Waltly is currently making for $1650. I think the Blackheart frame also make a Waltly.
Old 05-16-2024, 03:39 PM
#RYFB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
First is a bit more classic/timeless.
Interesting choice of phrase given the sloping TT and dropped seat stays. I don't think those adjectives apply to either (I realize you qualified them).

It's a wash for me, like Pam; they look more similar than different to my eye. I bet they ride nice, though.
Old 05-16-2024, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hensem View Post
You will probably be very upset, but it looks like the frame for Bossi is made by Waltly, for a price 4-5 times cheaper. This is what Waltly is currently making for $1650. I think the Blackheart frame also make a Waltly.
Any additional details on the walty? An aero ti frameset sounds kinda rad
Old 05-17-2024, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post
Any additional details on the walty? An aero ti frameset sounds kinda rad
I do not believe Walty had anything to do with the building of the Bossi Strada SS framsets, besides the fact that Walty also makes frames out of Ti. Look at the details very different construction, is Walty doing any 3D additive printing?

Last edited by m_sasso; 05-17-2024 at 01:06 AM.
Old 05-17-2024, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_sasso View Post
I do not believe Walty had anything to do with the building of the Bossi Strada SS framsets, besides the fact that Walty also makes frames out of Ti. Look at the details very different construction, is Walty doing any 3D additive printing?
Yes,this is a Waltly new 3d frame.
Old 05-17-2024, 02:01 AM

Isn’t the Bossi 2x the cost?

I don’t understand why someone would buy an blackheart frame instead of a US-made Litespeed or Lynsky for potentially less money…a more stealthy logo?
Old 05-17-2024, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdm View Post

I don’t understand why someone would buy an blackheart frame instead of a US-made Litespeed or Lynsky for potentially less money…a more stealthy logo?
For example, I don't like how Lynskey and Litespeed look.
And I only asked for the design, I plan to order a frame in the Blackheart design from Waltly.
Old 05-17-2024, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Yes,this is a Waltly new 3d frame.
Curious where is this image comming from, I see nothing on there web site that looks like this nor do I see any marketing news about 3D printing?
Old 05-17-2024, 09:55 AM

Quote:
I already knew this. Picked mine up for $2,000 from a shop in the US. No having to deal with shipping from china (expensive, annoying, plus subpar warranty).

So not too disappointed honestly.

Has anyone contacted Waltly and successfully received this frame? I emailed but never got a response, this was a couple years ago when I was looking into these pseudo-aero titanium frames.

PS:
I thought it was common knowledge many titanium frames come from China. There’s a couple of interesting 3d printed frames coming out as well

Last edited by Shane4XC; 05-17-2024 at 10:04 AM.
Old 05-18-2024, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_sasso View Post
Curious where is this image comming from, I see nothing on there web site that looks like this nor do I see any marketing news about 3D printing?
This photo was sent to me by Sumi, Waltley's manager. There is also a photo of the finished bike, but I won’t post it here. You can also find Sumi on Instagram, she periodically posts photos there.
Old 05-18-2024, 03:59 PM

Yup, this boggles my mind as well. US based companies taking a Ti bike made in China (probably costs in the hundreds in bulk) and selling them for $3200. Yikes!

I would rather get a Litespeed. Or pay a few hundred more to get an Alliance, Dean, DeSalvo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdm View Post

Old 05-18-2024, 04:07 PM

Quote:
This photo was sent to me by Sumi, Waltley's manager. There is also a photo of the finished bike, but I won’t post it here. You can also find Sumi on Instagram, she periodically posts photos there.
Small caveat on this one, I noticed you mentioned 3d printing. But it’s actually cast molding - which ends up being heavier than 3d printing.

Which is why I’m slightly interested in the 3d printed titanium bikes coming out of china, just announced at that Chinese bike expo.