Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-02-2023, 09:17 PM

Back-up alert tone defeat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm714 View Post
I know its minor, but when I get to my destination [...] I hate listening to the warning lights that my car thinks I'm about to back up into something.
You *may* be able to override the back-up alert tone...

Some vehicles may have a 'Tow' or 'Haul' mode in the transfer case that sets the vehicle to expect an obstruction in the trailer receiver.

Just a PSA to check your owner's manual in case your vehicle might...
Old 05-15-2024, 12:34 PM

I need to buy a bike roof rack. I am fed up of my bike cannibalizing space inside my little Mazda CX-30.

Does anyone have a rack they like? 20% off on Yakima/Thule at REI on Friday so want to pick something up. I understand the cons of a roof rack, but I already have cross bars on there with a vertical stacker for shuttling kayaks so investing in a hitch setup just doesn't make financial sense for me.
Old 05-15-2024, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbrwn View Post
I need to buy a bike roof rack. I am fed up of my bike cannibalizing space inside my little Mazda CX-30.

Does anyone have a rack they like? 20% off on Yakima/Thule at REI on Friday so want to pick something up. I understand the cons of a roof rack, but I already have cross bars on there with a vertical stacker for shuttling kayaks so investing in a hitch setup just doesn't make financial sense for me.
Depends on what you're carrying. Fat tire bikes take different racks than road bikes.

Personally, I like the Rocky Mounts (fork mount) for road, and the Thule for fat tire. I was a Yakima guy for a while, then mostly moved to Thule...
Sampson
HotTubes
LtSpeed
SpeshFat
Old 05-15-2024, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbrwn View Post

I like the Yakima Frontloader.
Old 05-15-2024, 12:43 PM
Back At It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C40_guy View Post
Depends on what you're carrying. Fat tire bikes take different racks than road bikes.

Personally, I like the Rocky Mounts (fork mount) for road, and the Thule for fat tire. I was a Yakima guy for a while, then mostly moved to Thule...
I was able to carry a Salsa Mukluk on a Thule T2 just fine.. at least for short-ish trips to the trail.. no issues getting it secure IMHO.. and obviously was able to carry road or MTBs as well on the same rack.
Old 05-15-2024, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototoast View Post
I like the Yakima Frontloader.
Same. It does work great… Until I about fell backwards a few times trying to remove the bike from my X3 I know…didn’t ask for a hitch rack.
Old 05-15-2024, 03:52 PM
n - 1

Do you have to lift the bike fairly high to get it off of the cradle on that Yakima Frontloader?

I’d probably opt for a 1Up, personally.

https://1up-usa.com/product/roof-rack