Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-25-2022, 12:17 PM

Indeed! I'm on the small side, so might be the Little Dummy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLQ View Post
I hope you're referring to a long Surly and not a family member.
Old 02-25-2022, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdak View Post

This is cool, thanks for sharing. I appreciate the attempt to make a display as much as storage. Nothing against storing stuff upside down or vertical, but it's harder to enjoy a bike upside down.

I may copy your staggered height bike display, gives it some appeal while saving some floor space as well.
Old 02-25-2022, 04:42 PM
Head to Ned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rice rocket View Post
This is cool, thanks for sharing. I appreciate the attempt to make a display as much as storage. Nothing against storing stuff upside down or vertical, but it's harder to enjoy a bike upside down.

I may copy your staggered height bike display, gives it some appeal while saving some floor space as well.

Well there's levels of bike storage too. The vertical bikes are in deeper storage than the ones in 2 or 4 bike corrals. Then there's the ones in bedrooms and family rooms and hallways!
Old 02-25-2022, 06:04 PM

No picture necessary, but I have 6 bikes lined up in a row on my enclosed back deck on a 3 bike stand and 3 individual bike stands. I also have one in my work room to do some maintenance, and an 8th one on my enclosed front porch. That is my just jump on it and ride bike, flat pedals, mustache bar with bar end shifters, and usually just wear casual street clothes and shoes when riding it.

The 6 on the back deck are kept covered when not in use, which will be true of the one in the workroom when it is done. The one on the front porch just leans against a wall, out of the way. My covers are just old sheets, easy to put on and take off, easy to wash, and no extra cost.
Old 02-25-2022, 08:03 PM

For wheels-off storage of road bikes, I have an 8' long 3/8" diameter rod suspended from the over-head floor joists in my basement. Rear wheel dropouts slide perfectly onto it.

Tags
bike storage