Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-30-2021, 07:21 PM

KBB value for my wife's 2019 Tacoma is pretty much what the retail was and 4k more than we paid for it. Realistically, we could probably get 40k if we wanted to sell.
Old 06-30-2021, 07:37 PM

Good info and BAT may be a good option for him. Glad I bought my truck when I did!
Old 06-30-2021, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasadena View Post
That is one of the highest value Toyota trucks. Easily could get close to $20k... maybe $25-30 if you get a bidding battle
Not exactly! You think early Tacomas are hot, check out prices for early to mid-80s 4WDs, mainly ones with the 22RE 4 cyl. Just nuts. I'm the original owner of an '88 4WD 22RE, and I cannot believe what these things are selling for now. Junkers for up to 10K, pristine examples for two and three times that!

I shoulda kept my old Yota in the garage!
Old 06-30-2021, 08:12 PM
Boeuf Chaîne

Quote:
Originally Posted by smead View Post
I shoulda kept my old Yota in the garage!
Right next to the Campy 50th anniversary gruppo cases, and the thumb drives with the password to your online locker with 500 shares of Bitcoin purchased in 2010 for $ 0.10
Old 06-30-2021, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgul Bismark View Post
You could always see what Vroom and carvana would offer.

But I agree with the recommendation above for bringatrailer if it is truly mint
I went on one of those sites just for fun to see what my 2002 tacoma trd 3.4l v6 would sell for and they offered me $6k

Lol
Old 06-30-2021, 09:06 PM
n - 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiminVA View Post
KBB value for my wife's 2019 Tacoma is pretty much what the retail was and 4k more than we paid for it. Realistically, we could probably get 40k if we wanted to sell.
Same with my 2019 F150. I can sell it for 10-15% over what I paid for it new a couple years ago.

But then I’d have to get something else at an inflated price. Delta is the same, selling/buying now vs later.
Old 06-30-2021, 09:14 PM

The world has gone mad pricing.

Used cars.

New cars.

Houses.

The entire supply chain in seemingly every industry.

I recently paid 12 friggin dollars for a 2x4x10 at HD.

Normally is a few bucks, tops.

Inflation? Nah, not at all.
Old 06-30-2021, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54ny77 View Post
The world has gone mad pricing.

Used cars.

New cars.

Houses.

The entire supply chain in seemingly every industry.

I recently paid 12 friggin dollars for a 2x4x10 at HD.

Normally is a few bucks, tops.

Inflation? Nah, not at all.

Agreed. Every day is another headshaking *** is going on moment for me.

Remember when finding toilet paper was our biggest worry?

Getting ready to fly out with the fam for vaca and have spent the last three days downloading apps and uploading pdf’s of vaccination cards and neg COVID tests just to go rest for a freaking week.

Can’t wait to feel the vacation inflation!
Old 06-30-2021, 10:26 PM
DELETE ACCNT

Prices will keep going up on them.
In 5 years it will probably be worth $35-40K in similar condition
But it'll drop quite a bit after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geemalar View Post
Wow…….I had no idea the market was that generous for one, since I wasn’t really looking to sell. It’s tempting, but since it’s like new it only makes sense to keep it. At the rate it’s being used I probably have another 20 years of life out of it.
Old 06-30-2021, 10:53 PM

I have a 2013 cavalry blue Toyota FJ Cruiser with 70 K miles. Dealership where purchased 8 years ago offered me $32500. However… CARVANA sent me a quote for $34300…. For that kind of money I’m tempted, but haven’t found a vehicle I like better yet…
Old 07-01-2021, 12:05 AM
DELETE ACCNT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonaBP View Post
I have a 2013 cavalry blue Toyota FJ Cruiser with 70 K miles. Dealership where purchased 8 years ago offered me $32500. However… CARVANA sent me a quote for $34300…. For that kind of money I’m tempted, but haven’t found a vehicle I like better yet…
considering you could sell it yourself for $40k, that's a easy $6-8k profit for them to flip a car.
Old 07-01-2021, 06:28 AM

Have rental car booked? A friend went to long delayed wedding in another state a few weeks ago.

Hertz: 600 bucks a day for a plain rental car. Apparently massive shortage of cars, as in not due to outsize demand, but as in they literally have limited actual inventory, having sold off a ton of vehicles to stay afloat. Or so goes the excuse.

Jeezus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickdoc View Post
Agreed. Every day is another headshaking *** is going on moment for me.

Remember when finding toilet paper was our biggest worry?

Getting ready to fly out with the fam for vaca and have spent the last three days downloading apps and uploading pdf’s of vaccination cards and neg COVID tests just to go rest for a freaking week.

Can’t wait to feel the vacation inflation!
Old 07-01-2021, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Have rental car booked? A friend went to long delayed wedding in another state a few weeks ago.

Hertz: 600 bucks a day for a plain rental car. Apparently massive shortage of cars, as in not due to outsize demand, but as in they literally have limited actual inventory, having sold off a ton of vehicles to stay afloat. Or so goes the excuse.

Jeezus.
Supply and demand. I’m sure you could’ve rented a car for peanuts last May. It does feel a little bit like gouging, but they’ve got a whole year of lost income to make up!
Old 07-01-2021, 08:01 AM

Quote:

Jeezus.
Yes!

Just hoping they honor the reservation tho (fingers crossed)
Old 07-01-2021, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickdoc View Post
so, I know you can Kelly Blue Book a truck value pretty easily, but not in today's market.

My Bro-in-Law has a cherry 2002 Toyota Tundra that he is thinking of selling.

(Wish he had that thought last year before I bought mine!)

He bought it new, original owner, 2wd extended cab with 87,000 miles.

Not worth much by blue book standards, but holy hell it ought to be worth alot considering it's condition and low miles.

Any idea how to estimate it's cost realistically in today's market?
Check out Bring a Trailer and search the old auctions to see what might come up for Tundras. Sounds like a nice truck. Not being 4WD will hurt slightly, but if you can tolerate the peanut gallery commentary on auction sites, it would likely do well.

Prices for just about everything are bonkers these days. Seems like "deals" for buyers are very hard to find. I'm tempted to sell everything not nailed down, but then, what would I drive, where would I live and what would I ride??

Looks like the supply situation for new vehicles is not improving:
Car Market Is Expected to Cool Amid Dearth of Vehicles on Lots
https://www.wsj.com/articles/car-mar...d=hp_lead_pos7
"Toyota typically would have roughly 330,000 Toyota and Lexus models on dealer lots in June. It expected dealers to finish the month with around 70,000 vehicles on hand, Mr. Carter said.
Kurt McNeil, GM’s vice president of U.S. sales operations, said GM dealers have less than a week’s worth of supply of large sport-utility vehicles, whereas normally they would have enough inventory to last three months.
He said GM expects the semiconductor shortage to ease, but he doesn’t see the situation on dealer lots improving much before the end of the year, and expects inventory to be constrained through 2022."

Last edited by 2000m2; 07-01-2021 at 12:49 PM.