Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-03-2024, 12:00 PM

John Caletti - Horrific Accident - GoFundMe

I learned recently that my custom Ti bike builder, John Caletti, had a horrific bike crash. He suffered traumatic spinal injuries and is fighting to regain full functionality of his arms/hands. I don’t know John that well but we both grew up in the same area, he was an absolute pleasure to work with, and he builds incredible bikes. I thought I’d raise awareness of his situation and post a link to his go fund me page (hope this is alright with the mods) in case others want to help.

https://gofund.me/6ed2e7c6
Old 09-03-2024, 12:37 PM

Good question. Sorry to hear about your friend, but if the Go Fund me links are allowed here, can the mods please let me know? I have friends that have been hit by cars here, and a bike ship that was destroyed by a car here last week. All have go fund me accounts.
I’d be happy to post links, but my gut tells me that it’s prohibited.
Old 09-03-2024, 01:01 PM

I don’t know rules regarding them on the forum but think if it’s an injury related fund it should be allowed. I’d hope someone would set one up for me if something like this happened and other bikers were made aware. Despite have great insurance, when two family members of mine got injured/sick there were tons of bills that popped up out of nowhere that added up like crazy (not to mention the loss of incomes for person involved and those close that are helping). My viewpoint has changed over the years on these fundraisers and now support people trying anything they can for help.if not interested in donating just move on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarhog View Post
Good question. Sorry to hear about your friend, but if the Go Fund me links are allowed here, can the mods please let me know? I have friends that have been hit by cars here, and a bike ship that was destroyed by a car here last week. All have go fund me accounts.
I’d be happy to post links, but my gut tells me that it’s prohibited.
Old 09-03-2024, 03:31 PM

Thank you for posting his Go- Fund me link
(Go fund me has been posted before for people with direct relations with this forum).

John did not mention the link on his Instagram posts detailing his experiences after the crash, which by the way could be so helpful for others facing an arduous recovery.

He was incredible to work with, building a bike that has given me so much joy. It was clear how much both cycling and building meant to him when we talked.
Costs for rehab and life will be high, so everything will help.
Old 09-19-2024, 06:41 PM

Thumbs up

Happy to do so.

He’s up there with the best Ti builders around. Hoping for a full and speedy recovery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleBikeChick View Post
Thank you for posting his Go- Fund me link
(Go fund me has been posted before for people with direct relations with this forum).

John did not mention the link on his Instagram posts detailing his experiences after the crash, which by the way could be so helpful for others facing an arduous recovery.

He was incredible to work with, building a bike that has given me so much joy. It was clear how much both cycling and building meant to him when we talked.
Costs for rehab and life will be high, so everything will help.
Old 09-19-2024, 11:17 PM

Done; best wishes for his recovery.
Old 09-20-2024, 03:27 PM

Just chipped in; thanks for the heads-up!