Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Yesterday, 09:47 AM
Back At It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
You are right, and that's totally fair. Seeking first hand opinions from other cyclists is a good idea.

Based on some of your other posts, it sounds like you are going to be making a move somewhat soon. Perhaps that also involves a change in jobs? Maybe when you settle into your new position(s) - your weight loss situation will improve too? Just a thought?

I hope my posts here have not come across as harsh or judgemental, not intended. I wish you luck on your journey!
all good, I never thought it came from a place of anything other than good intentions!

yes, I will be moving to Oregon in 18ish months when the kid graduates HS.. no idea on the job, hopefully I find one..

really, at this point, I'm 50/50 on taking the meds (if offered) based on the side effects (low energy, nausea, possible muscle loss, etc).. of course, I'm not sure which flavor of the meds I'd offered at this point, but my assumption would be semaglutide (Wegovy).. the idea that I could lose the 40# in under a year certainly sounds fantastic as that would act as reset back to my 20s (as far as weight) with the hope I could stop the meds and maintain at that point.. I understand that would mean a lifestyle change obviously..

We'll see when I have my follow-up in November..