Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Yesterday, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourflys View Post
...but there can be many reasons why these meds could be a great option for someone for a while..
I would be interested in these as well, but even if my doc was on board with it (I have not inquired) there are reasons I'd better do all I can to lose weight without them.

1. Isn't the thing with these meds that they are, in fact, not temporary?

2. I spent a lot of time in the hospitality industry and I'm a trained cook. It's actually a big part of my daily wind down and mental health reset. I nerd out on handmade knives, heirloom cookware, and high-powered flames as much as I do on the bikes and associated tools we all love here on this forum. To take a drug that made me feel sick or worse if I ate some carbs would suck for me personally. And while my love of food is a contributor to why I am overweight it would be terrible if I flipped a switch and that was effectively gone for me.

That said, I can admit that at this point in my life I could use some help with it. My metabolism really changed at 30 and between work, kids, and a job time is hard to come by. So I totally get where you are coming from.