Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-17-2024, 10:00 AM

Question for the Campy whisperers...

So I have SR12 on two steel frame bikes, both made by Chris Bishop. One has been able to handle an 11-34 cassette fine, but the other one only takes an 11-32 without bottoming out the b-screw and I still get the grinding from the upper jockey wheel being too close to the largest cog when in the 32 front-34 rear combo. Only other differences is I'm running a 32-48 chorus crank on one and a 34-50 record on the other, and a sram chain on the bike with the 34-50. Neither of those differences should change the fact that the derailleur pivot can't adjust enough to clear without the grinding.

Went to the shop near me to take a look and they suggested putting a wolf tooth extender on there, but none of their products are rated for 12 sp on paper, and an email to their customer service portal provided the same answer.

I could try to use their goat link or whatever, but they won't confirm that it will work or recommend it. Has anyone else used a similar set-up, or does anyone here know of another product that will get me some more clearance between the hanger and the rear derailleur?

Thanks!