Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-10-2024, 02:03 PM

SRAM eTap 11 - 3rd party crankset compatibility?

I recently bought a used SRAM etap 11 speed rim brake RD / FD / Shifters / chain / 11-30 cassette for my wife’s bike via the Classifieds section. Right now, her bike is built with Campy Centaur 10 speed compact (square taper, 50/34 chainrings, 12-30 cassette). I will have to change the wheelset to something with a Shimano / SRAM free hub.

I’m going to keep the gearing up front as a 50/34 compact (or similar tooth count), but beyond that not sure what to do about the crank. The bike is a classic lugged steel frame with silver components. SRAM doesn't have anything in silver in 11 or 12 speed, so I'm looking at some 3rd party cranks.

Below are the options I've identified. Hoping folks there's some folks here who have experience mixing-and-matching with SRAM eTap 11 who could advise if the below combos would work:

A. White Industries R30 crankset with compact chainrings; I've got a brand new set in the parts box.

B. Keep the current Campy Centaur 10 crankset

C. Buy a silver alloy 11 speed crankset from AliExpress - half the cost and looks classy, but will it play nice with the SRAM FD? Uses a 24mm Shimano bottom bracket.