Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-25-2024, 09:52 AM

Meralgia Parestheica

Has any had any experience with this condition, also known as Bernhardt Roth syndrome? It is described as compression of the femoral nerve according to medical literature as summarized here:

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/healt...a-paresthetica

According to my doctor’s diagnosis my condition was likely caused by extended wearing of compression shorts as prescribed by my surgeon to relieve pain from an earlier hernia procedure.

In my case, I initially experienced pain and muscle tightness which after several months of physical therapy has subsided, although currently I have severe knee pain while standing for over 10 minutes or extended walking of 1/4 mile or more.
My sleep is a frequently interrupted mostly due to knee pain and I must spend about 30 minutes stretching in the morning before regain somewhat normal function.

Fortunately at this point I am able to ride my bicycle for extended periods without discomfort.

I would greatly appreciate feedback from PL members who have experienced this situation especially those who have had success in relieving this condition.