Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-09-2024, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregL View Post
I understand your frustration and empathize with the infrastructure issues you and your neighbors face. I also note that you stated the key problem. It's not the people who are coming to your area and having vehicle accidents. It's the elected officials who are promoting unsustainable policies. Rather than venting about the visitors, I respectfully suggest getting involved in local politics/administration to ensure that the needs of residents are met by their elected officials. We (sometimes disappointedly...) get the exact government that we voted for.

Greg
LOL, preaching to the choir! The valley is only 10% of the county and yet provide over half of the tax revenue. If you know anything about Utah politics than you would know that as long as you belong to the church and are a republican you can rob the public blind and still get elected. Realtors and developers own the government from the top down. And yes, most voters are lazy and don't pay any attention to the actions of the politicians they vote in. We have actually pushed an incorporation action through to the governor trying to wrestle control of our valley's growth out of the hands of the three county commissioners that currently have the power. Case in point the latest vote by them to allow a huge development that hardly anyone in the valley wants. This is their attempt to transition our little valley into another Park City. The one Commissioner has been caught as owning some of the effected property and will profit greatly from this. But Utah has no Ethics law that requires him to disclose this nor recluse himself from any votes on the matter. Corruption at it's finest!

I personally don't hate on all participators of the events up here. I just see and feel the impact. Heck, I fully plan to do the Iron Lung event up here myself this summer so yeah, I'm a hypocrite for complaining about other events.

I guess my overall point with these posts is the same as many others. Many sides to any situation and we should all at least realize that our own point a view does not rule over another's point of view. Conflicts are typical of life.

Last edited by jamesdak; 01-09-2024 at 10:07 AM.