Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-09-2023, 11:17 AM

Aluminum Race Bikes in 2023?

Hi there,

I'm currently riding a CAAD12 disc and love it (as my username may suggest). The bike was actually my first performance road bike that I bought. I intended for it to be a dedicated road race machine. Over time, it's become a bit less of a race machine, though I still do find myself enjoying the snappy handling, and the idea that the bike is stiff, aggressive, and race-oriented, even if i'm not fit enough to reap all those benefits. I also just like the idea of a metal bike. This got me to thinking: what companies or builders produce (relatively) race-oriented aluminum road race frames with disc brakes? The CAAD13 is a little bit muted for my taste. I know there's the Allez Sprint, Vynl RD disc, Standert Kreissage and the Low Road Disc, but those seem to be all I can find. Truth be told, I probably would be better off on an endurance bike, or something in the middle like a CAAD13, but does anybody know of any other race-oriented alloy steeds in production, preferably with a classic silhouette (i.e. no dropped stays)?

P.S. though i've been a bit of a lurker for about a year, this is my first post. I scanned the forum rules and don't I'm transgressing any of the guidelines but please let me know if I am!

Last edited by AndersCAAD; 05-09-2023 at 11:22 AM.

Tags
aluminum, frames, road bike