Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-16-2019, 10:30 AM

Liverpool

Well, let's start with this so you know where my heart is: YNWA!

Now, regarding the CL draw... LFC could have fared worse, but no one will take Atletico lightly. They may not be doing well in la Liga, but they can still be formidable. Once again, however, Klopp says it best:

"So, really, really good; a good draw, a difficult game like it should be, but I don't think Mr Simeone is running through his living room and is happy that he got Liverpool."

LFC's problem is the overall schedule. The EPL will be winding down and, inshallah, LFC will still be top of table. At this point everyone knows the priority for the club is to win the Premier League. Three days after the second Atletico fixture we play Everton away - and that is certainly not a match to be taken lightly. Fatigue will be a factor, beginning with the insane schedule this month and extending on through the spring.

I can (reluctantly) give up the CL title, as well as the "Means-nothing" League Cup, for EPL supremacy. And no Liverpool supporter thinks it will be easy despite the current point differential. It's a long slog.

All that said, why not wish for it all!