Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-03-2013, 10:48 AM

Question Can anyone provide any info on this Serotta Nova Special?

Hi all, this is my first time here. I recently inherited this Serotta Nova Special, that I dug out of the back of a family members garage. I was hoping some people here may be able to provide more info on it and the components/parts. I'm not sure of the year, but I just emailed Serotta with the serial number, so hopefully they will be able to tell me given that. It looks like it has Columbus tubing and fork, and all Mavic components, but I'm not sure how to tell the models. Also has a SR Laprade seatpost and Concor Supercorsa Confort saddle. I'm also torn between keeping it and giving it a new home as I think it is on the larger end for me, but I'm not sure. Either way, I couldn't let it just sit in that garage collecting dust, it needs to be back out on the road. I cleaned it up a bit, and it looks to be in really good shape, may just need a tune up, new tubes, and maybe tires. It really is a sweet bike. The size is a 57 cm and I am about 5'10'' with 32" inseam, would this be too big for me? If I do decide to give it a new home, I was wondering what the value of it may be as a whole, and then also the value of the individual components if I were to part it out. I have some ideas based on a little research, but thought it would be good to get some way more knowledgeable opinions. Any info anyone can provide on the history, specs, or in general or the value will really be appreciated. Below is a link to some photos. I'd suggest starting on the 2nd page, where it shows the whole bike. Thanks so much!

http://s159.photobucket.com/user/smp...Nova%20Special

Tags
columbus, mavic, nova special, serotta, serotta nova special