Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-27-2024, 11:48 PM

anyone ever try to pedal and go over the bars going UPHILL

Had my weirdest mechanical ever JRA today.
short hill near start of my ride, about `14%, got out of the saddle, did about 3 revolutions, and crank became in less than a second impossible to push--but I was trying my hardest, and the entire bike rotated and i went face forward. Banged up both wrists and as I was rotating slowly over i saw my rear wheel hit the grass/bushes to the right of me--so I'm thinking by trying to continue to push the pedal it pulled the rear wheel out of the drops and flung it up and to the right?

So I suspect the rear skewer got loose, the wheel shifted as I stood on the cranks, the chain got stuck, either on cassette or crank rings, but I had no idea I could rotate my self over like that.

As I picked myself and the bike up, the chain was initially going across both 53/39, but not stuck--no tension since the rear wheel was off the bike. I put the wheel back on, did a shortened ride b/c my left wrist really hurt and it was hard to use brake or support myself on the bars.

Apart from being incredulous that this happened, i am wondering if I could have possibly stressed anything that I need to check or replace--don't want the chain to snap for example. The shifting on my ride was not bad, but a little off from before going over, possibly I stretched the cable a bit, and I guess this will be an opportunity to use my b-day present HAG for the first time?

Anything else anyone can think of?