Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-13-2024, 06:39 AM

New UCI Rules for TDF

Given the new UCI rule for changing the 3K from the finish crashes to 5K; I think Roglic might have a better chance That boy is better skier than he is a bike handler.
Old 06-13-2024, 06:41 AM

Bike racing is so weird...
Old 06-13-2024, 08:39 AM

Related to the 3km -> 5km change, they'e also changing the way group times are calculated at the end of stages. With a goal to let non-sprinters/teams to sit up a bit earlier without impacting their overall standing.

Another new rule... yellow cards for poor behavior, mainly for sprinters.

Trial run with no additional penalties in this TdF. Then next season, the proposed punishments disqualification and a seven-day suspension for two yellow cards in the same race, a 14-day suspension for three yellow cards in 30 days, and a 30-day suspension for six yellow cards in one year.

More: https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/tou...-calculations/

Last edited by Alistair; 06-13-2024 at 08:41 AM.
Old 06-13-2024, 10:10 AM

Another new rule they will be trying out is reducing race radios. Under the trial rules, teams will be limited to 2 radios amongst there riders. Personally, I thought that racing was more exciting (unpredictable) before the use of radios, so I'm interested in whether this rule sticks.
Old 06-13-2024, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark McM View Post
Another new rule they will be trying out is reducing race radios. Under the trial rules, teams will be limited to 2 radios amongst there riders. Personally, I thought that racing was more exciting (unpredictable) before the use of radios, so I'm interested in whether this rule sticks.
It definitely adds some uncertainty. Provably makes it more likely a break stays away, since the chase won’t have a constant stream of gap info.

But could also stifle some mountain stages. GC teams may be more reluctant to allow somebody from their team go up the road if they can’t call them back.