Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-07-2023, 02:02 PM

Infinity saddles

If anyone on this forum has personal experience with Infinity seats, please share. The seats are expensive and cannot be returned if uncomfortable.
Old 06-08-2023, 07:17 AM

Infinity saddles

Hi all,

I have been riding on an Infinity saddle for the past few months.
Very pleased with the saddle.

Yes, it was expensive but they are virtually hand made.

I would definitely recommend them. Will be picking up another for another bike soon.

Patrick
Old 06-08-2023, 09:00 AM

I have 5 of them (4 E1X and 1 E2) and they were a game changer for me. I have very little “meat” over my sit bones and any pressure at all on them for any length of time is an ordeal.

I did a 300K on an Infinity out of the box with no issues. I’ll also say that a friend got one on my recommendation and considered it a torture device so YMMV and all that.

What I’ve found:

- the E2 is too “hard” around the edges for me. I wrapped mine with bar tape and use it on the trainer. The small bit of material over the frame on the E1X makes a difference, at least it did to me.

- they’re VERY sensitive to positioning and angle. As little as 2mm and a degree of angle makes a HUGE difference - at least it did to me.

Hope this helps. I was previously the “Imelda Marcos” of saddles and spent (no exaggeration) close to $10K on various experiments over the years: I’d think I found “the one”, buy 5-6 of them to equip my fleet and find out it wasn’t.
Old 06-08-2023, 12:29 PM

After my first of two hip surgeries, that's another story, I now have two.
They are different. Looking and riding.
I first found they are like sitting in a bucket. There is no room for squirming or moving.
After a few rides you get used to this. And they are quite comfy.
Company says you don't need chamois creme. Not necessary and you can ruin the leather and they won't warranty if you do use it. I found that not to be be completely true. I still use creme on the edges of the pad.
The pics are from my second one. The indentations you see I've only ever seen before on a 30.00 Bulgarian Fizik knock off saddle. I will be sending them pics and asking what's up. If any of you see this let us know what you think.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg phpLTG81sAM.jpg (122.3 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg phpUTIGhFAM.jpg (142.2 KB, 39 views)