Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old Yesterday, 05:35 PM

Good exp with Propel bike shop and Abus keyed alike locks

I've always wants a few locks keyed the same so I have less to manage. Also makes locks for guests, MTB trips, etc easier. Spent some time researching this and figured it might be useful to others. You can call Kyroptonite, but never found a process that was better than "call this number someone on Reddit said worked from them last year." ABUS appears to do this an actual service though with a serious upcharge.

The Process

Buy a lock from the same series you want your other locks to be a part of. In this case I wanted the X series and went with a ABUS Granit X-Plus 54. It comes with a code that starts with X cause X series. Example: X11223344

Now go to the Propel site. Find the locks you want that are part of the X series. You'll be prompted for the code in each case when adding them to your cart. https://propelbikes.com/product/abus...-locks-bundle/

The really cool part is you can get barrel locks for your electric bike battery matched to your Abus key as well.

Propel doesn't list all the lock sizes or versions. You might check Lockitt if Propel doesn't have it. https://lockitt.com/abus-granit-540HB230-SHB-ulock

Wait about 3 weeks or so. My order had some problems on the Abus side and took 6 weeks in total.

Enjoy your locks.
Old Yesterday, 07:24 PM

I keyed alike a massive number of locks a few years ago and honestly it's such a breeze. So worth it.

Tags
abus, keyed alike, locks