Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2022, 12:56 PM
DELETE ACCNT

Oz Cycle - youtuber tortured and killed dog

Man, this is horrid. He's a fairly big youtuber I guess
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-07-...-dog/101209462
Old 07-25-2022, 01:10 PM
Administrator

That is pretty awful and it's good that he got a heavy sentence. I think it's pretty well established that cruelty to animals is linked to all sorts of other bad sociopathic behavior.

That said, not that I would ever hurt a dog, but I've had bad neighbors in the past. Listening to a barking dog for hours and hours per day, for days and weeks will certainly drive any sane person a little looney. People who put their dog outside to bark all day are pretty awful too.
Old 07-25-2022, 01:55 PM
NJ/NashV/PDX

Correct Karma would put him in place of the poor old guy in this horrible story from Fresno, Texas

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/24/us/te...ogs/index.html
Old 07-25-2022, 01:56 PM

the netflix docu Don't F**ck With Cats details how animal abuse was just the prelude to more horrific acts.

some sick people out there.
Old 07-25-2022, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
That is pretty awful and it's good that he got a heavy sentence. I think it's pretty well established that cruelty to animals is linked to all sorts of other bad sociopathic behavior.

That said, not that I would ever hurt a dog, but I've had bad neighbors in the past. Listening to a barking dog for hours and hours per day, for days and weeks will certainly drive any sane person a little looney. People who put their dog outside to bark all day are pretty awful too.
I have that neighbor and they have four dogs. The wife got super pissed when I called the guy that enforces the local codes. It was unbearable and I love dogs and I have one that lives in the house. When we go outside and they start barking, my dog just looks at them like they are stupid, but it is not their fault. It's the owners who are at fault. You are so right.
Old 07-25-2022, 02:54 PM

I won't watch that, because I get really upset by that sort of stuff.
If he tortured a dog, he has no place on this earth, IMO.
Whatever they punish him will not be enough.
Old 07-25-2022, 03:02 PM

I wholeheartedly believe there are no bad dogs, just bad owners. Sad to see that dog had to endure that kind of suffering.

Luckily barking dogs are a noise violation where I live. I got into a few heated, ahem, discussions with a neighbor who got a German Shepard and they'd let it sit outside and literally bark all day while they were gone at work. Two days and two arguments later I called police and even the cop who arrived said said that the barking was "terrible and obnoxious."

Owner was issued a warning and said if it happened again they'd be charged $200. A second offense would be more money still, and a third offense is even more money and community service.

Haven't heard a bark since...........
Old 07-25-2022, 06:25 PM

That was a sad thing to read, geez, I can't believe people, but you know what? People have committed a lot worse crimes against other people, a lot of it like sex trafficking young kids goes mostly unnoticed in America, I find it odd they'll spend major resources to go arrest those that do illegal drugs but no go after those that are abusing children in the sex trafficking trade, I would think someone abusing a child is more important than someone abusing themselves with drugs, but that's just me.

I also don't think that dog owners who have a dog that barks are bad owners, they simply don't know how to train a dog, and nothing more. Some dogs are difficult to train to stop barking, and then when you teach them not to bark, they no longer will bark to warn you of danger, or to warn a stranger to stay away. I've been blessed with mostly good dogs, all of which came from shelters. I found out from our very first dog we got 35 years ago, they chose you! So, when I go to see a dog, if that dog acts uninterested towards me and my wife, we move on to another dog, but it the dog comes up to us and wants to stay with us, and listens to my commands, good chance that dog will have a new home. That probably sounds weird to you guys.
Old 07-25-2022, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
Yup. I went from being dog-positive to pretty much disliking dogs ever since I moved into our house a few years ago. While the neighbor's dogs are aging and mellowing with time, I still can't go into the backyard without a little PTSD of one or two dogs running to the corner and startling me from behind the bushes.

While this dude's behavior is beyond cruel, I can understand being driven to doing some mean things to annoying dogs.
Old 07-25-2022, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by froze View Post
I also don't think that dog owners who have a dog that barks are bad owners
No, but they are bad owners if they allow it to become a problem for their neighbors.

It's not like we're just talking about occasional slight annoyance here. There can be tangible mental health consequences for people who are sensitive to barking sounds.

Yes, owning a dog can be hard. But that's a commitment that the owner makes when they get the dog, not a commitment that the people around them made.

Quote:
and then when you teach them not to bark, they no longer will bark to warn you of danger, or to warn a stranger to stay away.
Failure to train a dog to be a well-behaved security system is no justification to harm others.

Last edited by HTupolev; 07-25-2022 at 07:31 PM.
Old 07-25-2022, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by froze View Post
I also don't think that dog owners who have a dog that barks are bad owners, they simply don't know how to train a dog, and nothing more.
Oftentimes if the owner can't be bothered training the dog, it's very likely they stopped caring about the dog. Some folks should not be owning dogs in the first place.
Old 07-25-2022, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by makoti View Post
i hope you never look into how your breakfast, lunch and dinner got onto your dining room table
Old 07-25-2022, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingson View Post
i hope you never look into how your breakfast, lunch and dinner got onto your dining room table
Are you SERIOUSLY going to try to equate torturing a dog and how food gets to my table? SERIOUSLY?
Old 07-26-2022, 04:43 AM
Randomhead

How long was he sentenced for?

We are lucky that none of our neighbors dogs bark all day. My MiL's neighbor had a dog that did, and it really was difficult to tolerate. I would have to say that in the Oz Cycle case, that dog really got a bad deal, bad owner and extremely bad neighbor.
Old 07-26-2022, 06:42 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by makoti View Post
Agree. Pets and animals in general are innocent, and often a product of their crappy owners. People who hurt animals for revenge or for sport are scum.