Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-08-2020, 06:00 PM

Santini long sleeve jersey

I want to order a Santini long sleeve jersey. Does anyone know the sleeve length? I am 5' 6" 128lbs. I don't want to get a sleeve that is made for someone 6ft tall. I plan on ordering a size small. I recently ordered a size small Pajamas from Macys and when I held the pants up they almost came to my collar bone to keep from touching the floor. A lot of clothing makers are sizing the clothes independent of the size. What a hassle every time you buy something and the supplier is not honest about the size and you have to exchange or return it.

Also any comments on the quality and fit of Santina Jerseys?

Thanks.

Last edited by elcolombiano; 12-08-2020 at 06:04 PM.
Old 12-08-2020, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcolombiano View Post
I want to order a Santini long sleeve jersey. Does anyone know the sleeve length? I am 5' 6" 128lbs. I don't want to get a sleeve that is made for someone 6ft tall. I plan on ordering a size small. I recently ordered a size small Pajamas from Macys and when I held the pants up they almost came to my collar bone to keep from touching the floor. A lot of clothing makers are sizing the clothes independent of the size. What a hassle every time you buy something and the supplier is not honest about the size and you have to exchange or return it.

Also any comments on the quality and fit of Santina Jerseys?

Thanks.
Santini stuff is great. I'm wearing a size S LS colore jersey as I type this post.

I'm 5'8.5" and ~155 lbs, and wear a size S. Sleeve length (including cuff) is ~20.75" from the arm-pit seam. I think you probably want to size down to XS.
Old 12-08-2020, 08:34 PM

I really like Santini jerseys too but note Santini jerseys come in three different cuts depending on the style (forget their naming but roughly aero—>fitted—>club). I’d doubt it effects sleeve length.

Quality is great, and great value when on sale. Really nice textiles.
Old 12-08-2020, 08:34 PM

Current Santini stuff looks nice.
Old 12-09-2020, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by echappist View Post
Santini stuff is great. I'm wearing a size S LS colore jersey as I type this post.

I'm 5'8.5" and ~155 lbs, and wear a size S. Sleeve length (including cuff) is ~20.75" from the arm-pit seam. I think you probably want to size down to XS.
Thanks so much for the information. I think I may need the XS.
Old 12-09-2020, 03:43 AM

I'm a big fan of Santini gear and have a few of their longs sleeve jersey's. I'm 169cm and 76kg and take an XL. The sleeves are quite long and the jerseys are quite long in the body.

If you're buying from Prendas Ciclismo you can send them an email with any questions. They're really helpful and knowledgeable about the gear they sell.
Old 12-09-2020, 08:08 AM

I have a number of Santini pieces that I've bought over a span of maybe 15 years. Their stuff is well-made and wears really well, and the latest lines are quite nice looking as well. I'm 6' and 170 lbs and all of my Santini items are XL/5, with the sizing being typical Euro (like Nalini, Etxe Ondo, etc.). As a rule of thumb, go up one size compared to what fits in N.American brands like Pearl Izumi, Louis Garneau, etc.