Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old Yesterday, 09:06 PM

Buying a Pegoretti, talk to me

It's a reasonably big birthday for me in 12 months (starts with a 0) and I've decided I will be treating myself to a Pegoretti - something I've wanted ever since I first saw one.

There seem to be a few US based resellers (Above Category, Lakeside, Bikyle) as well as a distributor here in Australia. And then second hand.

My main question is - with those resellers, do they have stock through their inventory frequently or is it fairly stagnant and will rely on my order.

I.e. do I need to get in touch sooner rather than later, or is it a case of 'wait and see' and keep an eye out over the next 12 months?

I'm also open to buying second hand... if anyone has or knows of a Baci in 54 get in touch.

But really the main question is about the turnover of inventory, as well as if there are any other good places to keep an eye on outside of those stores and these forums.
Old Yesterday, 09:47 PM

On the Pegoretti Fans and Owners page on facebook is a new 54cm Responsorium with disc brakes for sale. Didn’t see a price.

I think Lakeside has the best in stock inventory. AC seems to want to sell you a whole bike and they haven’t seemed interested in frame sales in the past when I talked to them.

You may need all of that 12 months to get a frame if you order custom. Mine took 18 months back in 2008 (March ordered - delivery August 2010).
Old Yesterday, 09:53 PM

CC Cache has a decent inventory, Cycle By Kyle has a few 54cm frames on the shelf and has a link to the inventory at Gita. Lakeside is my preferred because they are good friends at this point.
Old Today, 03:34 AM

Our custom orders took just under 6 months - I would go direct to Pegoretti if you know your sizing. Cristina will be your POC if you go direct.
Old Today, 06:05 AM

I don’t know if the location is practical for the original poster, but for the benefit of others following the thread Service Course Cycle Studio in Baltimore, MD is a sales point…and the general force of nature behind that shop is Jason Wright who is a master mechanic and great guy…AND he is a participant in this forum…
Old Today, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm714 View Post
On the Pegoretti Fans and Owners page on facebook is a new 54cm Responsorium with disc brakes for sale. Didn’t see a price.

I think Lakeside has the best in stock inventory. AC seems to want to sell you a whole bike and they haven’t seemed interested in frame sales in the past when I talked to them.

You may need all of that 12 months to get a frame if you order custom. Mine took 18 months back in 2008 (March ordered - delivery August 2010).
This one is at Saville Road in Delmar NY. Steven in also a forum member here with the handle Red Rider iirc.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
Old Today, 07:07 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimoots View Post
It's a reasonably big birthday for me in 12 months (starts with a 0)
Perhaps I'm dense or my morning coffee hasnt kicked in, but I dont see how a birthday can start with a zero?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokoman View Post
Our custom orders took just under 6 months - I would go direct to Pegoretti if you know your sizing. Cristina will be your POC if you go direct.

This sounds like the way to go to me.
Old Today, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryscientist View Post
perhaps i'm dense or my morning coffee hasnt kicked in, but i dont see how a birthday can start with a zero?
01, 02, 03, 04, 05, ...

Old Today, 09:25 AM
Back At It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
Perhaps I'm dense or my morning coffee hasnt kicked in, but I dont see how a birthday can start with a zero?

me to, but I'm guessing it ends with a 0.. as in my B-Day this past Jan that started with 5 and ended with 0.. and it's just a number..
Old Today, 09:28 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourflys View Post
.. and it's just a number..
Much like the price of a new Pegoretti

Seriously though, man, I would love to visit the workshop and order one in person. Someday!
Old Today, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
Seriously though, man, I would love to visit the workshop and order one in person. Someday!
Highly recommended! My wife and I passed by there last week during a long weekend bike trip and it was really cool to see the workshop and especially talk with Pietro and Cristina. They are super friendly and welcoming, and they seem to appreciate people stopping by.
I will not buy a frame this year, I keep repeating to myself, but already next year I might consider scratching the itch.
Old Today, 09:54 AM

Congrats and compliments on making the decision to own a Peg!

Seems like you know mostly what you want (Baci, 54cm) so going direct is prob easiest unless you know of one for sale or are willing to look at something else. Plus, you get to decide on which model/tubeset you want vs. just accepting what you can find on the open market. Have to believe finding the size, with that paint, in a specific model you want is a 1 in a million probability.

Do you have a mind for a specific model? Are there "must-haves" like disc vs. rim? Stainless vs. not? That will orient you to one vs another. What's your riding style/intended use? Having had three diff versions (Duende, Marcelo, Love #3), they absolutely all ride differently so I'd prioritize choosing the model and then figure out options for getting what you want.

The 54cm Day is Done at Lakeside is stunning.
Old Today, 06:59 PM
v a n i l l a

Consider the perspectives about "sizing down"when buying a Peg

54-55-56 are all essentially similar eTT...the bigger variance is in HT
Old Today, 07:13 PM

Try NYC Velo as well.
They stock a 54 and 56 I think.
Old Today, 09:00 PM

check out ccache.

I bought my Responsorium 2nd hand and had it shipped from Bilbao to Sydney during Covid. It was not cheap!