Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2022, 11:15 AM

New info Mo Wilson

https://www.velonews.com/news/road/a...n-murder-case/
Old 05-20-2022, 11:26 AM

Woah. Mind blown.

I was just geeking out on Colin/Kaitlin's Spartan trailer business after the Radavist article.

This is crazy.
Old 05-20-2022, 11:31 AM

Beginning to look like a story as old as time. So unfortunate.
Old 05-20-2022, 11:32 AM

I messaged Angry a little bit after locking my thread with the update as shared here.

Big news, no matter how you slice it.

RIP Mo.
Old 05-20-2022, 11:36 AM
what's a little rust?

What a nightmare for so many people.
Old 05-20-2022, 11:41 AM

I apologize for the derailing of the other thread. This has hit hard. I unfortunately have personal experiences with events in my past that seemed similar to what was assumed to have happened here - women I knew who have been assaulted and/or killed by "jealous ex-boyfriends".. What was known of the circumstances prior to the post in this thread led me to think that's what had happened here. And that's why I reacted strongly to use of the phrase "crime of passion" - it has been used in the past to excuse violence against women, hence the link to misogyny. I was just trying to raise awareness of that. I tried to caveat things and note that I wasn't implying that's what was meant by the person who posted it. Obviously that did not come through clearly enough and the line of discussion that was opened took away from the grieving and sharing and showing of support that the thread had been about. And I'm sorry for kicking open that door. I'd be happy to delete my comments if the other thread is reopened......

As for what's above, just... W - T - actual - F.

I can't wrap my head around it.

So ridiculously sad, tragic, and senseless.
Old 05-20-2022, 11:52 AM

Am I reading this correctly? It is suspected that a woman shot another women to death over suspected/perceived advances on her partner/boyfriend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean39T View Post
I can't wrap my head around it.
You had all the answers when you thought it was a man that committed the murder. The misogynistic bigotry of soft expectations. "What?! A woman couldn't kill another woman!"

Last edited by spoonrobot; 05-20-2022 at 11:54 AM.
Old 05-20-2022, 11:53 AM

Incredible and super sad, but people do crazy things, regardless of their position in life. Rich/poor, famous/normal....all just people making choices in their lives.

Kaitlin is into the Austin real estate scene and a big yoga guru. *Edit, just read the full article....crazy someone would drive up in their own car and do this (if that's what happened) and think they can get away with it. either way, a permanent solution for a temporary problem for so many.

Last edited by KJMUNC; 05-20-2022 at 11:56 AM.
Old 05-20-2022, 11:56 AM

Nvm
Old 05-20-2022, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonrobot View Post
You had all the answers when you thought it was a man that committed the murder. The misogynistic bigotry of soft expectations. "What?! A woman couldn't kill another woman!"
Don't know how that's your takeaway from what I said above - but whatever..

I can't wrap my head around someone choosing to take someone else's life in any situation other than immediate self-defense. I know it happens. That doesn't make it any easier to digest or make peace with.
Old 05-20-2022, 12:04 PM

So terribly tragic. After reading the articles I thought it may well be an acquaintance of the male friend of Mo's. Not surprised at all when hearing of the charges. So ridiculously senseless.
Old 05-20-2022, 12:11 PM
Administrator

The word "partner" in modern language confuses me. I guess the word girlfriend or wife is out of date for whatever reason.

I dont know much about Colin Strickland - is this person his romantic partner or a business partner, or both i guess?
Old 05-20-2022, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
The word "partner" in modern language confuses me. I guess the word girlfriend or wife is out of date for whatever reason.

I dont know much about Colin Strickland - is this person his romantic partner or a business partner, or both i guess?
Well, not all people are married.

I'm not. I've been with my partner 20 years and we have a kid. It feels weird to call her my girlfriend but not accurate to call her my wife (though I do at times, when it's a casual conversation and cuts through the BS).

Back to this incredible situation, we should all remember to assume anyone in this country has a gun or easy access to a gun and that seemingly rational people act in insane irrational ways at perceived or real slights. I don't know what else to take away from this situation but that thought.
Old 05-20-2022, 12:20 PM

Quote:

Because they are incomplete descriptors.

Sometimes you're with someone long enough, and not married, that you left girlfriend/boyfriend stuff long-time back.

Sympathies to Mo's friends, family. Godspeed and may her memory one day be a blessing.
Old 05-20-2022, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Both. https://kaitlinarmstrong.kuperrealty.com/about.

Greg
Closed Thread