Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Meh

OT: Tornado season

Early this morning my in-laws in NW Arkansas had their rental property completely leveled by a tornado that hit around 3am local time. Their tenant was sleeping inside at the time and barely escaped with his life - he dragged his broken body out of the wreckage and had to be carried to the hospital on an ATV. A neighbor to the back of them who lived in a trailer didn’t make it. Their house currently has a big tree sitting on the roof.

The NWS had issued a warning at around 10:30pm, but for some reason the warning was only issued for Bentonville / Rogers and didn’t make it to the emergency radio they tune into.

The news is saying we are on track for the worst US tornado season in recorded history. If you live in Tornado alley, stay safe, watch the warnings, and make sure your homeowners insurance hasn’t dropped you (if they haven’t already).
Old 05-26-2024, 01:41 PM

We’ve had several in the last weeks fairly close in Texas and very close to my family in southern Oklahoma.luckily nothing but power outages us so far.
My Parents mentioned several storm chasers were driving by their house last night in Oklahoma

Btw,I grew up in Southern California and tornadoes don’t freak me out like being woken up in the middle of the night with the whole house shaking

Last edited by sw3759; 05-26-2024 at 01:44 PM.
Old 05-26-2024, 02:14 PM
Administrator

Scary stuff for sure.

It's not just tornados either. Extreme weather of all kinds is on the rise big time.

Not good.
Old 05-26-2024, 03:12 PM

Those middle of the night storms are treacherous.

We got hit by one round of 80mph wind gusts early Sunday afternoon, resulting in power loss that is still being dealt with. More storms to come.
Old 05-27-2024, 06:43 AM

The solar flares this year must have a direct link to some of the extreme weather patterns? Scary stuff for sure as tornados, hurricanes, earth quakes and floods are beyond comprehension for a lot of us until they happen in our area.

I have been through two floods that the emergency system failed to properly warn vulnerable folks. Unfortunately a trailer holding an elderly lady ended up getting lifted and sent down what was a creek into the mohawk river and a lot of houses were beyond repair. I was one of the first people at the scene with a childhood friend to check on his father who was a neighbor and all you could smell was natural gas leaking while watching live wires flop around.

There is no stopping mother nature sometimes. Seeing those flood waters and damage was a stark reminder of that.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk