Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old Today, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .RJ View Post
And then how does he pay for his house? Good grief nothing is good enough for some people.

If you like his stuff and find value in the writing then send him a few bucks, otherwise dont. I pay for a few things that are similar and I think its a great model to get impartial viewpoints and money that goes to the writers and not to an advertising budget.
I'm one who's sets up many of these reviews in my own industry, and what I appreciate about James Huang is that he tends to look at products and how they'd fit the target audience. I've read a few of his reviews where it's clear that he isn't the biggest fan of the product for his use, but he uses some empathy and experience to examine who may appreciate it's merits. To me that's the mark of a good reviewer and why his content has value beyond him just getting free gear to try.
Old Today, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltwtsculler91 View Post
I'm one who's sets up many of these reviews in my own industry, and what I appreciate about James Huang is that he tends to look at products and how they'd fit the target audience. I've read a few of his reviews where it's clear that he isn't the biggest fan of the product for his use, but he uses some empathy and experience to examine who may appreciate it's merits. To me that's the mark of a good reviewer and why his content has value beyond him just getting free gear to try.
I think thats a good take.

There's very few truly bad bike products available these days, and just about everyone in the bike industry making bike stuff is really passionate about bike riding, and the stuff they are making. Some stuff may miss the mark but he's usually pretty clear about why and what other stuff may be better for what he sees the intended use.