Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-24-2024, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Scorpio View Post
I have the feedback sprint and it might take 10 seconds to open the lever, splay out the feet and lock the lever. One thing you should consider about these types of racks that mount at the fork is that you will need to adjust the fork mount fore/aft for different sized frames to get the BB over the support pads. Also semi annoying is switching the mount “axle” from TA to QR. All in probably adds 2 minutes to set up.
The axle mount slider does have to be adjusted for different size frames, but this is a one hand operation, and just takes a few extra seconds. Drop the bike on the BB support, then balance the bike with one hand while adjusting the axle mount with the other hand.

Swapping from TA to QR does add some extra time, but if that is really a big deal to you, then you can buy a second axle mount as a spare part and install them both on the sliding track on the stand, and then slide the axle mounts forward or back as necessary to get the correct one under the fork dropouts.
Old 05-25-2024, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark McM View Post
The axle mount slider does have to be adjusted for different size frames, but this is a one hand operation, and just takes a few extra seconds. Drop the bike on the BB support, then balance the bike with one hand while adjusting the axle mount with the other hand.

Swapping from TA to QR does add some extra time, but if that is really a big deal to you, then you can buy a second axle mount as a spare part and install them both on the sliding track on the stand, and then slide the axle mounts forward or back as necessary to get the correct one under the fork dropouts.
I have both axles. It isn’t a big deal to swap between them I was just noting it for the OP if he goes for the Feedback Sprint. It doesn’t add all that much time. I said two minutes to account for locating the second axle and swearing at myself for not storing it ina more readily available place and promising to myself that I will next time. the newer Sprints include all three with purchase. QR and TA 12 and 15.
Old 05-25-2024, 03:31 PM

Check out the Tacx CycleMotion stand.

- BB support
- Front or rear wheel mount
- Portable