Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-30-2024, 08:14 PM

Thank the guy that appointed Louis DeJoy, and DeJoy himself.
From Wikipedia: “In March 2021, DeJoy issued a 10-year plan called "Delivering for America" to stabilize the finances of the Postal Service by slowing first class mail delivery, optimizing transportation networks, cutting post office hours, and raising prices.”
Old 05-31-2024, 06:08 PM

package from Israel beat the package from Portland, Or. my zip code is 59808. Package from Israel made a stop in germany, then Cincinnati and then Denver and still was able to arrive before the post office could deliver a tire shipped from 500 miles away....
Old 06-01-2024, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djg21 View Post
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/trump...213056166.html

I’ll just post a link and not engage in the discussion.
As much as I believe he's doing the best to fulfill the Republican dream of destroying the USPS, I'm curious how much small packets direct shipped from China (Temu, Aliexpress, Shein, etc.) is contributing to the dysfunction as well.

With the Chinese govt heavily subsidizing their postal system, these companies have figured out that they can basically dump goods via small packets instead of containers and avoid all customs because they basically just overwhelmed the CBP and the USPS.
Old 06-01-2024, 07:17 AM
Proud Grandpa

USPS is such a punching bag...take a letter to UPS or DHL or FedEx..to 'mail' and report back..the $ it took also.
Old 06-01-2024, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpotatoe View Post
USPS is such a punching bag...take a letter to UPS or DHL or FedEx..to 'mail' and report back..the $ it took also.
that got me thinking....I am 65yoa and hate new fangled ways but I literally can't think of the last time I mailed a letter....freaking email and texting and autodraw for bills....has me ruined...
Old 06-01-2024, 07:29 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadmt View Post
that got me thinking....I am 65yoa and hate new fangled ways but I literally can't think of the last time I mailed a letter....freaking email and texting and autodraw for bills....has me ruined...
I just mailed a little shifter part to a gent from this forum..Cost 2 1st class stamps and arrived quickly..Sending that little thing FedEx/UPS/DHL would have taken longer, cost WAY more...

My wife's bank account, she does all her banking on-line , was just 'almost' hacked....not gonna happen if she goes into the branch, or to the post office. YMMV and all that.