Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old Today, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowPokePete View Post
I've tried to true a rotor with the Park tool.

Yes, you can make it better, but hard to make good as new.

Why not just get a new rotor?

SPP
I just don't agree here. I've had to do minimal truing, but it was very easy. Seems a shame to toss a rotor with lots/all of it's useful like, especially when it retails for >$85.

I have this Jagwire tool. It's been great. https://www.treefortbikes.com/Jagwir...ake-Multi-Tool

Last edited by ColonelJLloyd; Today at 08:55 AM.
Old Today, 10:21 AM

I originally built the bike from frameset myself.
The internal routing is really no big deal, you just thread the brake hose through the fork and it comes out a hole in the steerer tube and then out the top of the head tube. I did not use internal routed bars so that was not an issue. I don't see it as much extra work. The fork was replaced as "goodwill".
I had no experience with the Specialized expander plug and instructions were scarce and torque values changed on the fly. I take some blame since I continued to hammer down on the lower wedge, but I don't understand why it did not free up when I first hit the bolt. I suspect it was already stuck since the red aluminum tube part came out easily before I even started hitting the bolt. In any case I look at it as getting a new fork for 1/2 price considering the $265 charge and I am over it. Disc tool is due today and I will be watching some videos, but I am thinking I should inform the shop in case I can't get it straight enough.
Old Today, 11:13 AM

Internal routing on a fork shouldn't cost $265 IMHO, it's pretty easy to do. Routing through the entire frame is a different story, but it is also dependent on the shop and area you live in.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk