Thread: OT: Watch Talk
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2019, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicli View Post
Anyone know enough to spot a fake?
I have always appreciated nice watches but never wanted to spend a pile on a watch. Well, the area I work in has a plethora of pawn shops that I will swing into once in a while looking for a deal. On the way out of one yesterday I was intercepted by a guy trying to sell a watch. Classic right? Well he was not in a trench coat and had pants on so......... seemed legit. I checked it out. He sold it to me as a “replica” for 50 bucks because the guy in the pawn shop said it was fake. It looked nice and I figured I would give it to my kid. He is a young teen and wants to be “pimp”. In looking, I cant find all the tell tale signs of it being fake. It has all the boxes, paper ect. No warranty card and the box has a label that states the box was made in china but does not say anything about the contents. Watch says swiss made on the dial. It might be a Tag Heuer. I cant tell.
Like is always said on Watchuseek, if you have to ask it is fake. How could it maybe be a Tag Heuer? It would say it is a Tag Heuer and you could compare it to that model of Tag Heuer.

Jeff